What the hell does this mean?

On 9 December 2013, he was commissioned into the British Army with the rank of captain but continued serving in the rank of Warrant Officer Class. This was copied from a Wikipedia article bout Glenn Haughton, how does that work because it sounds like he's a commissioned captain but is still an ram/asm

Bris

LE
Not so much of a 'Garrison God', are you?

RSM of the Army will have passed all the requirements for LE commission, but is required to remain in rank for their appointment.

When he commissions (after finishing his tenure), I believe he'll actually go in as a Major (might be wrong on that bit).

Happens to a lot of the 'super' RSMs, corps, army etc, do their big badge tour but keep their commissioned seniority so get to go off to the DefAc without completing a first tour LE post, or something like that!

Not so much of a 'Garrison God', are you?

RSM of the Army will have passed all the requirements for LE commission, but is required to remain in rank for their appointment.

When he commissions (after finishing his tenure), I believe he'll actually go in as a Major (might be wrong on that bit).

I think army sgt-major get acting Major. Corps RSMs etc get Captain.

On 9 December 2013, he was commissioned into the British Army with the rank of captain but continued serving in the rank of Warrant Officer Class. This was copied from a Wikipedia article bout Glenn Haughton, how does that work because it sounds like he's a commissioned captain but is still an ram/asm

He just keeps it tucked in.

He likes things tucked in, makes sure everyone else is tucked in too.

It means what it says, he is a commissioned officer wearing the rank or a WO1 (first class AAAAA, my badge is the biggest coz I is the most important) ^~

Latest Threads