what the feck do i do now i have it!

Discussion in 'Medals' started by cheggarsRE, Jun 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I finally have my OSM Afghanistan after 4 fecking years of waiting for it!!! Sent 3 times apparently. It's already started de-threading itself, so what on earth do i do with it now?? My FAD is being done with the ribbon on but who do i see to get me medal 'sorted' or is it a private matter that i'll pay for??

pretty sprog question i admit however i'll ask now not on the 1st November!!

2. Ask for a new ribbon when you take it down the tailors (if you've got one) to get it mounted?

3. If you got to pay for mounting yourself, try these:

The Mess Dress

they are bassed down in bournemouth and do a 3 day return on average. Fantastic service :)

4. Tried them once and they were webbo.

I found The medal Mounting Shop a lot better and the bloke is ex RE aswell.

Medal Mounting Services

5. Webbo?

I've used the MessDress guys in B'mouth numerous times, they've always been excellent, and a very quick turnaround time.

6. Yeah, they mounted the ribbon on my telic medal the wrong way around (black bar was to the right). Obviously I never noticed till I saw everyone elses when I was on parade. Maybe it was a one off simple mistake but it just seamed unprofessional to me. When I got back in touch with them they didn't want to know unless I paid up again. It was about a month later but its not like I remounted it myself the wrong way around or anything.

Like I say probably a one off, and you have used them more recently and they are spot on now. But I wouldn't bother with them again. Plus the bloke at the one I mentioned above polished my medals to ****, they are gleaming!