WHAT THE DRIVER SAID TO THE RECCY MECH

I'm getting fed up with boring threads so lets get the photo's up of the MOST SPECTACULAR OR STUPID bogging in you've ever seen,pulled out or driven in!!,I've attached a few that I've found on the net to start the ball rolling.

Attachments

Captions
#1----------"DOWN ,down ..deeper and down!!"(Status Quo)
#2 ---------"Blubottle(GOONS) --"OH!!..he's faallen in the waater"
# 3-------- "Who the @@@@ put that trench there???"
aye
BARV

Same answer they always come out with in my experience!

"It wasn't my fault"

Commanded/crewed the CRARRV & CHARRV/ARV so probably heard it enough times.

Nobby

if they'd hit that third one fast enough, would they have made it, and carried on...admittedly with very sore butts.

and im suprised if nobody drowned in that second one...

Humph

Were you there at Athlone Bks when we did the pre-handover PRE for the Household Cav? I seem to recall that by day 3 they had run out of tanks that had been prepped, the comment "tow round the next victim" didn't go down too well. The BEME had to come & mediate, how we laughed!!

Nobby

1:I guess the "deep mud" sign wasn't fibbing afterall!
2: bl00dy shoddy bridging....bl00dy engineers!!
3: I told the boss that trying to jump it would be a bad idea!

Duke_of_Edinburgh said:
One from the past. But what is it?

DoE
It's a Matilda. Probably the Matilda 'Frog' used by the Diggers in the Pacific.

[quote="Bubbles_Barker]It's a Matilda. Probably the Matilda 'Frog' used by the Diggers in the Pacific.[/quote]

Well done BP

Torokina, Bougainville, 1945-08-02. A bogged matilda tank taking part in war office trials of the m24 general chaffee light tank, viewed from its left side and showing the depth to which it had sunk into the mud. Link....
DoE

Duke_of_Edinburgh said:
[quote="Bubbles_Barker]It's a Matilda. Probably the Matilda 'Frog' used by the Diggers in the Pacific.
Well done BP

Torokina, Bougainville, 1945-08-02. A bogged matilda tank taking part in war office trials of the m24 general chaffee light tank, viewed from its left side and showing the depth to which it had sunk into the mud. Link....
DoE[/quote]

I did two months in Bougainville with the Australian Army in 1998 - there were Zeros and all sorts sitting in the jungle. Sadly I couldn't find a Matilda........

In East Timor there were still Japanese landing craft on the beach and a nice pair of 6lbr AT guns outside one of the police stations.

Nobby_REME said:
Humph

Were you there at Athlone Bks when we did the pre-handover PRE for the Household Cav? I seem to recall that by day 3 they had run out of tanks that had been prepped, the comment "tow round the next victim" didn't go down too well. The BEME had to come & mediate, how we laughed!!

Nobby
Oh yes, I remember Harry the Axe, John and Steve all on that one. Also remember going in to the cookhouse in absolutely minging covies and when asked "who the fnuck are you?" commenting "FRG 33 mate" and being told very quickly "ah, no probs mate, help yourself"
Ah the joys of being a saint!

Hey Nobby, Humph,
I seem to recall the Good old saints on Soltau on the hard standing sat on the blade of the Arrvs,
Along came the Rotveiler (life guards RCM) in his Ferret, and all the FRG jumped up chanting "Life Guards , Life Guards, Rah, Rah, Rah, apparently they've never seen a ferret stop so quick and use the reverse gears at mach 9 to address you verbally LOl

Im sure it was all blamed on the maps being out of date or GPS wasnt correct. When I was FRG in Batus in 93 there was a whole Squadron of Chally 1 bogged in......Squadron leader first, one came to drag out, bogged in, two more with crossed chains bogged in and so on. It was a tank grave yard.

The bridge one was down to too many mosquitos around the sapper as he was waving his mine sticks to the tankie. :D