What the best thing you have ever had in your mouth? Part 2

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, May 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I asked this same question a long time ago.Since then we have had a lot more new members join up,so I thought I would try it again!

For me? A freshly caught trout,cooked over an open fire by the river on a farm in Devon.

2. currywurst from a schnellimbiss in duisberg !!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fresh mackerel, boiled in seawater in a French stick whilst boat fishing off Rame Head, washed down with a nice, chewy, 8% scrumpy..you can stuff yer Bollinger and foie gras..vile muck.

4. Spagetti Vongole, at some little hole in the wall pizzeria in Venice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. A glass of 1988 Mosel. During a vineyard visit and the tasting afterwards.

For the first time ever I realised what all those wine conesewers[SUP] (tm)[/SUP] were going on about.

Tasted like concentrated grapes and sunshine.

6. Oh....I can't wait for Jarrod's response!

Young wild pig's liver, flash fried (whilst it's owner is still cooling on a meat hook) with bacon and onions, served with Weizenbier for breakfast after a sucessful night's shooting.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Corny as it sounds, but a roast lamb dinner with potatos cooked in goose fat. my mrs made it for me after i spent a couple of months in hospital.
    Even though i couldnt finish it, it was outstanding.

Oh and the terriyaki fish, chicken, steak meal i had in hawai 1988

8. Fresh caught Snapper and Tarakihi in New Zealand, handed over from a local bloke.
    Which of course I then deep fried in Beer batter.

9. A rare fillet steak from the Savoy Grill, followed by a Royal Tribute Cocktail from the American Bar.

Gin-tastic!

10. A 16yr old boys parsons nose.

• Like Like x 3
  11. How could I forget that German boys massive member, nearly choked me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Did you have;

chips.jpg

with that?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aged about 10, sitting in a tiny harbour in Orkney with my Dad on a summer's day, eating fresh crab meat from the claws. Decades down the line I can still remember the exquisite taste.

I also remember a freshly caught fish fried in butter one summer evening in Kilmore Quay in Wexford when I was solo hitching round Ireland in the early 80s. It tasted so fresh and clean after living off rubbish food for days ...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Goats liver delicately fried in Olive oil with some amazing local herbs, onions and bacon with big, fat Cypriot fried chips.

Pergamos Camp cookhouse '79 ish and done by locally hired chef.

It was so damned stunningly good I had to zoom over to the NAAFI shop to buy a bottle of "rustic" red to accompany it.

Went into the kitchen after to thank the guy for a great meal - now there is a first !