What Tank & what round ?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by No_Duff, Mar 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wondered what type of round would make that sort of explosion and what is that Tank.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  2. K2 Black panther judging by shape and camo scheme and it looks like some form of smoke round
  3. The K2 black panther has square louvres on the back, and the air temp etc sensor is on the back left, unlike this one
  4. That's the K1 tank
  5. Yeah your right , The exposed rear sprocket got me confused with the K2

K1 it is
  6. The explosion looks to me like an air burst artillery round. This being the case and you can identify the trajectory (and therefore the direction to the firing point) from the shape of the cloud. It looks to me like the round was fired from a position some way along a line running about 2 o'clock from the tank hull. This, the relative size of the burst and the direction of the turret indicates that the tank may not have fired the round. As to the size of the burst, unless the picture has been altered, it is hard to think what sort of munition caused it, the burst from 155mm HE is much less impressive.
  7. Pass............bloody hell ..........I lost track (good that) after the Comet!

Attached Files:

• T29a.jpg
      File size:
      33.1 KB
  8. It looks a little staged to me, vehicle opened up at what looks like a fairly close range, my feelings are that it may well be some form of pyrotechnic rather than an arty/mortar round.
  9. Well they're hardly gonna use live ammo on their own tanks!
  10. It's Korean! It may well be 2 little yellow fella holding up a carboard cutout!
  11. Looks like a photoshopped diorama to me.
  12. On closer examination I tend to agree.
  13. Or It could indeed be a smoke grenade from the tank itself? Well, our(GE...Marder) smoke grenades (76mm) deploy a wall of smoke...may be the koreans fancy that "umbrella" type ;-)