What tank is this?

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Soviet export model ACRV - Artillery Command and Reconnaissance Vehicle.

Glad_its_all_over said:
<tries to resist>
<fails>
For the edification of the OP, it's not a fuckin tank.

I have a piccy of it being aquired by us back on Granby :)
It had Viz characters drawn on the side. I remember Big Vern being one of them.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
PE4rocks said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
<tries to resist>
<fails>
What is it then?

the_boy_syrup said:
PE4rocks said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
<tries to resist>
<fails>
What is it then?
You little tinker.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
In the original thread it is named as ACRV M1974. The first relevant thread returned by a Google search for ACRV M1974 starts thus:

"The artillery command and reconnaissance vehicle (ACRV) Ml974" (Interesting that having copied and pasted the line from the article, it looks like the original has a typo, cos that doesn't look like a "1" in the font I have in front of me - compare with the other instances in this post. Ho hum.)

So my guess without digging too deeply is it's an artillery command and reconnaissance vehicle. Of course I could be wrong, but I am used to that.

AlienFTM said:
In the original thread it is named as ACRV M1974. The first relevant thread returned by a Google search for ACRV M1974 starts thus:

"The artillery command and reconnaissance vehicle (ACRV) Ml974" (Interesting that having copied and pasted the line from the article, it looks like the original has a typo, cos that doesn't look like a "1" in the font I have in front of me - compare with the other instances in this post. Ho hum.)

So my guess without digging too deeply is it's an artillery command and reconnaissance vehicle. Of course I could be wrong, but I am used to that.
Wrong assumption,it wasn't cut and pasted. Having spent over 5 years pootling around the former DDR,I dare say I saw this before anyone else on the forum,1974 year into sevice,first ground sighting in the DDR,1976,on the range road at the Dallgow Doberitz range,just North of Staaken,on Route 5 transit route.

ACRV M1974 (1v12) series -

M1974(1) - Role: Bty FDC (Also known as 1v13)

M1974(2A) - Role: Bty COP (Also known as 1v14)

M1974(2B) - Role: Bn COP (Also known as 1v15)

M1974(3) - Role:Bn FDC (Also known as 1v16)

Source - DCoI, Brack-15a: Threat Recognition Working Aid, July 2006.

CW

Quis Separabit
Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

RoofRat said:
AlienFTM said:

Wrong assumption,it wasn't cut and pasted. Having spent over 5 years pootling around the former DDR,I dare say I saw this before anyone else on the forum,1974 year into sevice,first ground sighting in the DDR,1976,on the range road at the Dallgow Doberitz range,just North of Staaken,on Route 5 transit route.
Ah BRIXMIS! :wink:

It is not a tank, it is an Armoured Surrendering Vehicle...well they didn't fight that hard as it happened.