• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What tank is this?

I have a piccy of it being aquired by us back on Granby :)
It had Viz characters drawn on the side. I remember Big Vern being one of them.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
In the original thread it is named as ACRV M1974. The first relevant thread returned by a Google search for ACRV M1974 starts thus:

"The artillery command and reconnaissance vehicle (ACRV) Ml974" (Interesting that having copied and pasted the line from the article, it looks like the original has a typo, cos that doesn't look like a "1" in the font I have in front of me - compare with the other instances in this post. Ho hum.)

So my guess without digging too deeply is it's an artillery command and reconnaissance vehicle. Of course I could be wrong, but I am used to that.

AlienFTM said:
In the original thread it is named as ACRV M1974. The first relevant thread returned by a Google search for ACRV M1974 starts thus:

"The artillery command and reconnaissance vehicle (ACRV) Ml974" (Interesting that having copied and pasted the line from the article, it looks like the original has a typo, cos that doesn't look like a "1" in the font I have in front of me - compare with the other instances in this post. Ho hum.)

So my guess without digging too deeply is it's an artillery command and reconnaissance vehicle. Of course I could be wrong, but I am used to that.
Wrong assumption,it wasn't cut and pasted. Having spent over 5 years pootling around the former DDR,I dare say I saw this before anyone else on the forum,1974 year into sevice,first ground sighting in the DDR,1976,on the range road at the Dallgow Doberitz range,just North of Staaken,on Route 5 transit route.

ACRV M1974 (1v12) series -

M1974(1) - Role: Bty FDC (Also known as 1v13)

M1974(2A) - Role: Bty COP (Also known as 1v14)

M1974(2B) - Role: Bn COP (Also known as 1v15)

M1974(3) - Role:Bn FDC (Also known as 1v16)

Source - DCoI, Brack-15a: Threat Recognition Working Aid, July 2006.

CW

Quis Separabit
Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

RoofRat said:
AlienFTM said:

Wrong assumption,it wasn't cut and pasted. Having spent over 5 years pootling around the former DDR,I dare say I saw this before anyone else on the forum,1974 year into sevice,first ground sighting in the DDR,1976,on the range road at the Dallgow Doberitz range,just North of Staaken,on Route 5 transit route.
Ah BRIXMIS! :wink:

Latest Threads