What tank is this please?

Used to work with an ex rtr chieftain driver he said the chieftain was the worst piece of kit he was ever issued, especially on manuall fuel resupps at night .
I would love to know the range of AFVs your RTR Chieftain driver had used. Once you get used to the beast she was quite nice. Like CVRT, driving took a bit of skill and finesse.
Diesel everywhere, all part of the fun. Apparently.

Used to work with an ex rtr chieftain driver he said the chieftain was the worst piece of kit he was ever issued, especially on manuall fuel resupps at night .
Most crewmen who had served on Centurions were of that opinion I must admit, however I enjoyed it despite its problems, agreed that refuelling at night from cans was fun, but no different from Cents.

still staggin

War Hero
I would love to know the range of AFVs your RTR Chieftain driver had used. Once you get used to the beast she was quite nice. Like CVRT, driving took a bit of skill and finesse.
Diesel everywhere, all part of the fun. Apparently.
I don't think he meant it from the advanced driving point of view merely that it was cold ,leaked and was mechanically unreliable, he did say he was also a scorpion driver, I think recce troop for whatever rtr he was.
When he said leaked he meant inside and out which made me wonder about the nbc capability.
On the plus side I understand it had a good gun. ..

I don't think he meant it from the advanced driving point of view merely that it was cold ,leaked and was mechanically unreliable, he did say he was also a scorpion driver, I think recce troop for whatever rtr he was.
When he said leaked he meant inside and out which made me wonder about the nbc capability.
On the plus side I understand it had a good gun. ..
All armoured vehicles I served on leaked, including Leopard 2.

That's probably why they leaked. Remember torque all nuts and bolts till they shear and then back off half a turn. Sorted.

My taxi, bye.

still staggin

War Hero
Never having actually worked on afv's I think they are great bits of kit, and maintaining the triffid I had on flick was pain in the arse enough, so I have a rough idea.

Latest Threads