Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What systemic issues would you change in the MOD or in the single Services?

and then observe closely to see if the 2yr rotation continues to be so fiercely defended, or whether, instead, it begins to be seen as more embuggerance than

It's already seen as an embuggrance. Most would like more stability I think, even if the moves do pay the fees. I'm not sure if that feeling extends to the VSOs that make the decisions of course...

The problem is the current career model doesn't work without frequent moves and even when/if the model finally improves, some officers will still need to move around fairly often even if not quite every two years. There are intractable problems like the need to fill jobs at dispersed units, and sites that aren't near the rest of the army like MOD main building.

Across the board I can't, personally I worked on capabilities from HF tactical radio, to port radar to mil/civ satcom because I've moved so much. This makes me far more rounded than I would have been bouncing round Germany for 20+ years. Same goes for most of my peers.

My own view is that postings should be of three years' duration for a start, to try and build a bit of continuity into the role as well as some ownership. It takes approximately two years to become comfortable in any role and then you move people just as they are about to really deliver (or not) in the third year.

My own view is that postings should be of three years' duration for a start, to try and build a bit of continuity into the role as well as some ownership. It takes approximately two years to become comfortable in any role and then you move people just as they are about to really deliver (or not) in the third year.
I thought they were; least they were in 2011 when I left. Have they reverted back to two years again?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not sure if its been mentioned yet.... permanently ceasing any form of Arms plot, Ensuring all Regts are parts of Corps to allow better cross posting in location (Corps Armour, Inf etc), making inter Regt postings the norm, minimising PD to a smaller cohort (stop moving the guards around, make PD an individually posted soln). 3 years as norm for all with an intent for second postings in the same loc. Push responsibility down the CoC to allow minimisation of HQ staff, make PH1 trg the same for all (no capbadge trg est), make PH2 trg the same for all in corps/trade (no guards, para coys etc). Simplify and minimise assurance activity, promote a warrior ethos in all corps, don't select comds for staff skills or staff offr for comd ability, Re-focus on outputs not process, resource activity properly or cut it, make comds accountable for soldiers taking leave in year, train pers before you send them to new posts. Oh and make sending reply to all e-mails a ******* hanging offence.
Apologies, broken nights sleep.

The list is too long..........but sought out DII add more servers less BSOD when more than 5 people logged in.
And bring IT Services back in house, SPOC times to fix issues much to long.