What Sub-Culture did you grow up in?

Me, it was Hard-Mod/Skin. Lots of my friends, too through Cadets to Militia (TA for Brits) through to joining Regular Force. So whatsit? Punker? Break-dancin' hip-hop freak? Hasidic Yeshiva student? Ted? Rocker/Wnaker(CDN.) Tell me all about it

I grew up in my own sub-culture that I refered to as cosmic spangled flipper sex.

Sadly it never caught on. :(

skater ... then all my mates started going emo, so i just just started working at McDonlads and ignored them ... they all went to uni and are now very annoying students >.>

Any old psychobilly's out there? I know now why I went bald, natures way of saying no more silly haircuts!!

MOD me, i'm still clinging on to it. I've still got 2 old vespas that fall apart with annoying regularity. I wouldnt have it any other way - the scooter scene is still vibrant with excellent ralleys and pi55ups.

E-Layer - quality!
I'd forgotten the richard allen books... Them and Sven Hassel were essential reading when I was a nipper... We all wanted to be Joe Hawkins (or Porta)...

Scooters, soul & Northern soul, now reliving teen years and bought another Lambretta.

ska and mod music,have memories of being chased by a gang of skinheads in barry island because i had my parka on!fucking had to catch a bus to cardiff to lose them! 8O

jibman said:
ska and mod music,have memories of being chased by a gang of skinheads in barry island because i had my parka on!* had to catch a bus to cardiff to lose them! 8O
Where was your feckin' scoot??Or did you own a Vespa and it wasn't working.

MOD but not the one your talking about mine was M.O.D aye yes we joined young in them days.

jibman said:
ska and mod music,have memories of being chased by a gang of skinheads in barry island because i had my parka on!* had to catch a bus to cardiff to lose them! 8O
Just been down to Barry Island when I visited RAF St Athans last week, it must of been hard to lose them unless they were high, its a fcuking tiny place.
I was a wanna be ANT and into The Jam, Madness etc but getting posted to Germany late 80's totally messed my music mind up. :twisted:

The_IRON said:
jibman said:
Just been down to Barry Island when I visited RAF St Athans last week, it must of been hard to lose them unless they were high, its a fcuking tiny place.
I was a wanna be ANT and into The Jam, Madness etc but getting posted to Germany late 80's totally messed my music mind up. :twisted:
there,s a lot of side streets on the island,don,t let the sea side town fool you,the place is as rough as fcuk! :D

I grew up in the ickle rock/goth kiddie subculture (for about 2 years), the whole long hair, depressing music thing (emo hadn't been invented yet, thank feck).

Then I grew out of it and entered the charver subculture, cue 2 years getting pished on cheap cider and generally being a cretin.

Now I am npart of neither subculture :) .

Tricky question ...

I was a Mod who rode a 350 Enfield and later a Bonneville.
My parents used to make me wash occasionally, which prevented the full Rocker approach.
But then, the girls seemed to prefer the scrubbed up types ... ;-)