What Sub-Culture did you grow up in?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Flagrantviolator, Jul 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me, it was Hard-Mod/Skin. Lots of my friends, too through Cadets to Militia (TA for Brits) through to joining Regular Force. So whatsit? Punker? Break-dancin' hip-hop freak? Hasidic Yeshiva student? Ted? Rocker/Wnaker(CDN.) Tell me all about it

2. rudeboy then trojan/scooter skin...

3. I grew up in my own sub-culture that I refered to as cosmic spangled flipper sex.

Sadly it never caught on. :(

4. skater ... then all my mates started going emo, so i just just started working at McDonlads and ignored them ... they all went to uni and are now very annoying students >.>

5. I bet you never even had a scooter, eh, e-lazyer?

6. Any old psychobilly's out there? I know now why I went bald, natures way of saying no more silly haircuts!!

7. MOD me, i'm still clinging on to it. I've still got 2 old vespas that fall apart with annoying regularity. I wouldnt have it any other way - the scooter scene is still vibrant with excellent ralleys and pi55ups.

8. E-Layer - quality!
    I'd forgotten the richard allen books... Them and Sven Hassel were essential reading when I was a nipper... We all wanted to be Joe Hawkins (or Porta)...

9. Scooters, soul & Northern soul, now reliving teen years and bought another Lambretta.

10. Gunny, years ago:

[​IMG]

11. ska and mod music,have memories of being chased by a gang of skinheads in barry island because i had my parka on!fucking had to catch a bus to cardiff to lose them! 8O

12. Where was your feckin' scoot??Or did you own a Vespa and it wasn't working.

13. AC/DC

14. MOD but not the one your talking about mine was M.O.D aye yes we joined young in them days.