What somebody in the White House wants to hide?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, May 28, 2009.

1. Absolutely

2. Rather yes

3. Yes, but the wrongdoers should be named

4. Rather no

5. No

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/5395830/Abu-Ghraib-abuse-photos-show-rape.html

A rape is a very serious criminal act by any standards. Were alleged rapists tried, sentenced, jailed? If not then why?

Not, particulary sensational? Maybe he sees scenes of rape fron his dog house every day? Photo of rape is not sensational? Moron.

I fancy that the rapists got home arrests with visiting girls. What are these actions, exactly?

So the Mutt unlike highly esteemed mr.Bush is a coward. He is not brave enough to confess wrongdoings, to say simply: forgive us.
  2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

But if you switch American to Russian, and Iraqi to Chechan, i have no dubt this would all be lies.

Also have i missed something? Why is Obama referred to as the Mutt?
  3. Mr.Obama called himself a mutt. This gives anybody right to do it as well (moreover some meaning of this words) are well fit to him.

PS. Just imagine (I can't imagine) that photos of rape of female prisoner by uniformed serviceman would be made in British detention center. Would it be a sensation? It would be a political bomb.
  4. Never thought I'd see THAT phrase on this board. Although the phrase 'weighted comparison' leaps to mind.

I think he's referring to how Mr. Obama himself referred to his own biracial ethnic heritage in an interview. It was a throwaway comment that always had potential for being locked on by people who think they're scoring clever points. It's also a comment I identify with wholeheartedly. :)
  5. It may just be clever PR, but the way it comes across is that he's genuinely trying to do the right thing. He wanted to release the photos - until somebody pointed out that it would put American troops in danger and he did a u-turn.
  6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Rape, torture, beatings, theivery - all abhorrent anywhere, especially in fighting forces.....

...but all standard procedure over the years in an ill equipped, ill disciplined, morally bereft and desertion - happy Russian Army.

Some of the most prolific being the Officer Corp.

I'm sure Anna Politskoyava would have written another book on the subject. If Putin hadn't had here killed, obviously.
  7. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

And there's the point, Sergey. What would your beloved leader have done? Nothing different, I'm sure. And I bet (hard cash too - a real cert for this tight Scot to do that..) that he has never, ever said "sorry" or "forgive us" for any of the abuses that the Russian Army is known to have carried out in a variety of places.

To the Obama decision - I see no point in releasing photos of that nature. What would be the point of deliberately antagonising the local population? He is between a rock and a hard place. He either gets some abuse for with holding the photos or lots of riots if he does.

As far as I'm concerned, he has made the right call and exactly the same one that Putin or any other Russian leader would have done.
  8. Sergey,

You seem to be applying a vastly different burden of proof to these rape allegations than you do to the (historically well-attested) mass rapes carried out by the Red Army across swathes of Eastern Europe, in another thread.

Also, I'd drop the 'mutt' thing. It's not a good look.
  9. Yes, they are allegations. But we have: place, approximate date, description of the alleged crime. There is a serious source.

As for your claim about the Red army and the alleged crimes then let's look at facts. There are simple questions: Where? When? And what exactly happened?

Agreed. I will not use this word toward mr.Obama anymore.
  10. Exactly. Moreover, moron Putin would try to hide any unpleasant story completely.

Mr.Putin sounded this phrase. After the end of the operation in the Theatre center in Moscow he said: we were unable to save all hostages. Forgive us.

I agree that it would be better not to publish the new photes (and previous ones as well).

However, I believe that the public has right to know what crime happened. Influence of public opinion in Russia still is not strong. So the Americans show wrong example hiding alleged serious war crimes for years.
  11. Well a friend of mine's mother, a German lady told me that she, her mother and several of her friend's and their mothers were raped in East Prussia sytematically - repeatedly in other words, on several occasions and with no response from Soviet military authorities. However she is a distinguished member of the WI, a former councillor, an MBE and a noted charity worker. she must be a bloody liar!
  12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Of course she is! How could Stalin and his chumps have allowed, condoned or committed any kind of atrocity during the 'Great Patriotic War'.................

Yes, Uncle Josef wasn't a crazed genocidal despot at all....
  13. East Prussia? Where exactly? When? How many were raped. Was the alleged crime recorded by German authorities? Your story is incomplete. It is impossible to check facts because there are no key details.

Let's look at these allegations

There is a lot of such 'allegations' but serious historian are able to find the truth.

So the story contains false details. The story appeared approximately in 1995 and its value is zero.
  14. Calling Obama 'The Boy' is hardly less racist in an american context is it? 'Tote that pail for me boy!'