Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What so Reserve/Reserve SAS-SBS actually do?

QRK2

LE
No age limit to the SAS. That just doesn't sound right.
I queried service with the RM reserve and for told '32 years old max, but small possibility of a waiver'. And the bootnecks are conventional forces.

You could phone up 0800 587 2825. The MoD website is pretty much up to date though the training programme has changed again slightly with fewer weekends and longer collective training periods.

21 & 23 SAS processes applications from male and female applicants, with no previous military service. Applicants must be no older than 42 years 6 months when applying to join the Army Reserves (AR). They will then be sponsored out to their recommended local AR unit to complete basic training and gain experience before being allowed to attempt SAS Reserves Selection.

Ex Regular and AR applicants must be no older than 43 years 364 days on weekend 1, of the Selection Induction Weekend (SIW) of SAS(R) Selection.

Last edited:

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You could phone up 0800 587 2825. The MoD website is pretty much up to date though the training programme has changed again with fewer weekends and longer collective training periods.

The discussion was about regular service, not reserves.

skymacuk

Old-Salt
You could phone up 0800 587 2825. The MoD website is pretty much up to date though the training programme has changed again slightly with fewer weekends and longer collective training periods.

21 & 23 SAS processes applications from male and female applicants, with no previous military service. Applicants must be no older than 42 years 6 months when applying to join the Army Reserves (AR). They will then be sponsored out to their recommended local AR unit to complete basic training and gain experience before being allowed to attempt SAS Reserves Selection.

Ex Regular and AR applicants must be no older than 43 years 364 days on weekend 1, of the Selection Induction Weekend (SIW) of SAS(R) Selection.

As Caecilius stated we are talking about regular SF not Reserves, but on that subject they are also falling in line with the rest of the Group and have removed all restrictions.

skymacuk

Old-Salt
No age limit to the SAS. That just doesn't sound right.
I queried service with the RM reserve and for told '32 years old max, but small possibility of a waiver'. And the bootnecks are conventional forces.

i had a similar issue with 131 Commando RE , not letting me have a crack at AACC, even though there is no age restriction for the course.