What so Reserve/Reserve SAS-SBS actually do?

Hey all, I'm thinking of joining not now but maybe In the future of joining the SAS Reserves, or would like to know alot more Infomation about It. I might just go for a regular infrantry Unit then do It when I stop lol.

My questions are!

1. Are the reserve Units recognised as SAS Units? Or support groups? (Do most regiments and MOD regard them as specail forces In the reserve?).
I alway's presumed reserve Specail forces acted more like MI5/MI6 (whereby using recon and double agents to get Intelligence for millitary or the police!).

They way It sounds the SBS/SAS reserves just go around doing recon and then giving It to the regular SF? Are they more like a SFSG/SRR regiment!

Are they fighter's? or just Informants for the regular SAS?

Do they do the same dangerous Jobs? Do they complete missions themselves and or with regular SAS or SBS?

It just seems like they do recon or Intelligence gathering and Is more like a Support group or do the same job as the SRR?

My understanding of a reserve Is a non full time member of the armed services that normally is focussed on fitness and repetitive training (so when they are needed and called In they have thousands or hours expeience and training!).

And only fight when needed or called In! I got to be honest It does look cool but It looks more like a Support regiment on a subset of the SAS/SBS!

And from my understanding It's been awhile since I've read about them but I'm sure the SRR are more like the UK army's version of MI6.
I'm sure they hide In place's sit In deep dug holes and normally just spy on poeple they only fight If In severe danger or If they have been spotted or otherwise do recon work in the shadows.

Do they do same level of dangerous jobs and work alongside or is their role just helping them? Like Para 1 does or whatever.

Are they Part time Full SAS soldiers or are they more like part time SFSG groups? Are they full fledged par time SAS or just a side support unit?

Last edited:
They paint the boat shed.

If you are old enough and fit enough contact one of the Reserve units mentioned and they will send you some information.

Come on, the guy typed loads of pointed questions. He used loads of abbreviations and words like "spy" and "recon".

He needs loads more response from learned people so he can finish his journalism A level!

Be kind to the lad, anyone would think us heartless on here.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The RAF Regt Reserves are also an option for potential Blades.

If we told you, we'd have to kill you.

But only on a weekend.

I thought the special boat service maintained the RN canoes so that they were always operational; on the other hand the Special Air Service were required to stand in fields and wave at RAF jets as to allow the RAF pilots to get an appreciation of where they were. Quite effective, I was told.

What do they do? Well, some of them actually have a part-time regular day job.

[snip] Edited to remove BS content.... [/snip]

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm thinking of joining not now but maybe In the future of joining the SAS Reserves, or would like to know alot more Infomation about It. I might just go for a regular infrantry Unit then do It when I stop lol.

My questions are!

1. Are the reserve Units recognised as SAS Units? Or support groups? (Do most regiments and MOD regard them as specail forces In the reserve?).
I alway's presumed reserve Specail forces acted more like MI5/MI6 (whereby using recon and double agents to get Intelligence for millitary or the police!).

They way It sounds the SBS/SAS reserves just go around doing recon and then giving It to the regular SF? Are they more like a SFSG/SRR regiment!

Do they do the same dangerous Jobs? Do they complete missions themselves and or with regular SAS or SBS?

It just seems like they do recon or Intelligence gathering and Is more like a Support group or do the same job as the SRR?

My understanding of a reserve Is a non full time member of the armed services that normally is focussed on fitness and repetitive training (so when they are needed and called In they have thousands or hours expeience and training!).

And only fight when needed or called In! I got to be honest It does look cool but It looks more like a Support regiment on a subset of the SAS/SBS!

And from my understanding It's been awhile since I've read about them but I'm sure the SRR are more like the UK army's version of MI6.
I'm sure they hide In place's sit In deep dug holes and normally just spy on poeple they only fight If In severe danger or If they have been spotted or otherwise do recon work in the shadows.

Do they do same level of dangerous jobs and work alongside or is their role just helping them? Like Para 1 does or whatever.

Are they Part time Full SAS soldiers or are they more like part time SFSG groups? Are they full fledged par time SAS or just a side support unit?
Angel dove? Better stick with SBS , your name is more in keeping with the RM than Army

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Come on, the guy typed loads of pointed questions. He used loads of abbreviations and words like "spy" and "recon".

He needs loads more response from learned people so he can finish his journalism A level!

Be kind to the lad, anyone would think us heartless on here.
Aspiring journalists need to grasp basic English language first.

Decent journalists do a bloody good job.

The OP, on the other hand, sounds like a socky troll.

In all seriousness though, I've often wondered the same. Met a chap recently( a client), who claimed he was ex 21 or 23 (can't remember which one)
I had no reason to doubt him as he was not big timing it, just stated it while we were chatting.
Nice guy, quite high up in the local council, but just got me thinking what he was actually required to do?

My questions are!

Yes. Or no. Maybe both. Possibly neither.

What was the question again?