What sized canoe bags for issued bergen & daysack @ RMAS?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gametheory, Apr 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Somewhat obvious-yet-not-covered-by-search question, apologies all around.

Considering the exped ones, but the main bag threatens 140l - unless I plan to get in it as a bivvy bag, is this not ludicrous?

And what about the daysack?
  2. That is the correct size - it is fairly big but still practical. Ortlieb do a bergan liner set as well; the bags are sturdier than Exped however IMO they were just a fraction too small.
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Buy a pack of rubble bags from B&Q. Cheap as chips and works just as well.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Think river crossing.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  5. RE; daysack - what size?

And do people buy smaller canoe bags for inside or are those shit web-tex self-sealing things mandatory?
  6. They issue them, and they are not bad.

just wait and see what the Csgt says (i assume you are going in a week?)
  7. 120 litre for main pack
  8. No it's not luckily.
  9. It that arrse yours ?
  10. Don't waste money on buying them. The issue ones are pretty good, and probably more robust than you will be able to buy in a shop. You can get through pretty much everything thrown at you with the issue kit, and I will be very surprised if you will be able to use not issue kit over stuff you've been issued.

Smaller bags, yeah they are good, but don't buy hundreds, just get a few middle sized ones, that you could fit a bit of warm kit in then roll up. Other than that go to tescos and buy sandwich bags for your socks and that.

All in all, good luck, its not as bad as you think. Be a good bloke, finish your admin first, go to bed last :).