What sign?

Legendary! We have them in Cheltenham and it's always Chavs that end up smacking into them. Always worth a chuckle...

Funny Funny Funny.

Did I say Funny?

That I'll learn em

Ventress said:
Sorry to see the Merc jeep get kebabed- Not.
Think it is a B class, one of those multi-activty shopping cars but any MB costs a packet to fix!

Hope their insurance company cough ups

I worked at the US Embassy in London in the 90's.

I saw something very similar to this when a car tryed to leave the underground car park in a rush before the security ramp had been fully lowered. What damage it caused, Hope the driver was fully comp!!.

Quality post.

Just posted it on the Army Aviation site as well.

I'm sure they'll be just as sympathetic.

Blogg said:
Ventress said:
Sorry to see the Merc jeep get kebabed- Not.
Think it is a B class, one of those multi-activty shopping cars but any MB costs a packet to fix!

Hope their insurance company cough ups
Well spotted - and double airbag deployment as well so new dash, belts & tensioners.

Parts manager at local Merc dealership rubbing his hands...!

Fantastic. Thats amazing. any idea how they work cow head?

These would be great at road blocks aslong as i dont have to dig the hole.

Scabster_Mooch said:
I smell a law suit... :)
Think you are right. Seems they are installed in direct contravention of the Dept for Transport guidelines:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...pdf_504750.pdf

Whilst most applications will be to enable the passage of one vehicle at a time, there will be instances where two or more vehicles attempt to pass through in close succession. The system should ensure that bollards cannot rise beneath a vehicle because of the danger this would create. It is better to risk a certain amount of violation by "tailgating" vehicles, rather that put road users at risk.