• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What sign?

Ventress said:
Sorry to see the Merc jeep get kebabed- Not.
Think it is a B class, one of those multi-activty shopping cars but any MB costs a packet to fix!

Hope their insurance company cough ups

I worked at the US Embassy in London in the 90's.

I saw something very similar to this when a car tryed to leave the underground car park in a rush before the security ramp had been fully lowered. What damage it caused, Hope the driver was fully comp!!.

Blogg said:
Ventress said:
Sorry to see the Merc jeep get kebabed- Not.
Think it is a B class, one of those multi-activty shopping cars but any MB costs a packet to fix!

Hope their insurance company cough ups
Well spotted - and double airbag deployment as well so new dash, belts & tensioners.

Parts manager at local Merc dealership rubbing his hands...!

Scabster_Mooch said:
I smell a law suit... :)
Think you are right. Seems they are installed in direct contravention of the Dept for Transport guidelines:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...pdf_504750.pdf

Whilst most applications will be to enable the passage of one vehicle at a time, there will be instances where two or more vehicles attempt to pass through in close succession. The system should ensure that bollards cannot rise beneath a vehicle because of the danger this would create. It is better to risk a certain amount of violation by "tailgating" vehicles, rather that put road users at risk.

Latest Threads