What should one expect to pay for a martini Henry?

How should I know, long time since I bought a firearm in the UK. Is he a twat, advertising stuff not actually in stock?
PM `d you an amusing quote from his Faceache page .

squeekingsapper

LE
Kit Reviewer
IMA advertising 'as is' Nepal Mk IV at £565 right now.....
If you're happy to do some restoration work, you can't go wrong at that price. I have a friend that bought am "as is" Gahendra from them and after a few hours work, the rifle looked brand new off of the production line. The woodwork seems to be the biggest problem with them, but with a bit of time and Boiled Linseed Oil, a lot of them come up really nicely.

Just be advised that by all accounts, you have to pay the import tax as cash on your doorstep when UPS turn up to deliver them.

If you're happy to do some restoration work, you can't go wrong at that price. I have a friend that bought am "as is" Gahendra from them and after a few hours work, the rifle looked brand new off of the production line. The woodwork seems to be the biggest problem with them, but with a bit of time and Boiled Linseed Oil, a lot of them come up really nicely.

Just be advised that by all accounts, you have to pay the import tax as cash on your doorstep when UPS turn up to deliver them.
How much would that be?

I know it’s a while ago but I gather a lot of these found their way to the US

Is the OP expecting a visit from Zulus...fousands of em

What should one expect to pay for a martini Henry?

Depends on the bar prices, Liza. Now shut the f**k up and let me work out how to fix this damned bucket......

4(T)

LE

I know it’s a while ago but I gather a lot of these found their way to the US

The stuff was eye-watering. Apart from the historic weapons, they also had some Vickers, Lewis and Webley MkVI in factory-new condition. IIRC the Vickers had never been taken out of the box since manufacture, and still had engineers' blue on some of the lockwork. Sadly, I think all the Sect5 stuff in UK was cut up for deacts.

The stuff was eye-watering. Apart from the historic weapons, they also had some Vickers, Lewis and Webley MkVI in factory-new condition. IIRC the Vickers had never been taken out of the box since manufacture, and still had engineers' blue on some of the lockwork. Sadly, I think all the Sect5 stuff in UK was cut up for deacts.
I seem to recall the whole lot went to the US and the US were deactivating perfect historical firearms for the UK deac market because you make more money than on a working rifle - its an absolute tragedy

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Nepal MkIV (originally via IMA before they left UK) are the one to go for if you want to shoot. Many of them appear to be mint internally.

On a general note, one wonders if all firearms prices in UK will fall post-Covid19 due to oversupply? The average age of people owning historic rifles appears to be about 70...
Now that’s good news , I’m in no hurry.

squeekingsapper

LE
Kit Reviewer
How much would that be?

$395 as is or $695 restored, plus $30 if you want a bayonet for it. Be advised that everyone I've spoken to have said that the build quality on these were a little dodgy from the outset, so don't consider one of these as a shooter, but as a wall hanger, they're pretty good.