What should I tell them about Lairdx?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by abacus, Jul 11, 2005.

?
  1. Tell the truth and upset them all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Make something up and upset them all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Regular viewers will be up-to-speed with events in The Union of United republic wher Lairdx has become the UN Delegate despite a frisson of animus from the natives who are revolting.

I have just received the telegram below and need the help of the backbench MAPs to decide what to tell them.

I refer to the final line - please let me know what to do by voting in the poll above.

2. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Abacus

Presumably you DON'T actually know him in real life - only through ARRSE?

So it would not be a lie if you said you don't know him or don't know him very well but know that he is someone who has strong opinions on some things but will listen to a reasoned argument. Since they don't seem capable of making one :) you're home and dry there.

And Laird - perhaps you could take things a bit easy to start with and work your way in - no more declarations of war against France - it'll just get you all booted!

Scary

3. The make something up vote wins it so here's my reply:

Again, young padawans, note the linguistic deceit. By claiming I haven't met Mrs Lairdx, the unwary assume that I have at least met Mr Lairdx. That may or may not be the case - even he doesn't know (but I do :wink:)

The Drambuie reference was almost funny in a previous NAAFI Bar session and is almost certainly completely and totally utterly unfunny here but it made me smile so too bad..

Apparently there is a real person called Mike Jackson somewhere high up in our fine Service - who would have believed it 8O

And, I've no idea what Lairdx does for a living - obviously :lol:

4. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Well done abacus - not a lie in sight.

Really though you spoiled it here by explaining the Mike Jackson joke - most of us probably would have got it :)

We'll see what happens - as you say I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the founder nation guy - I've had a telegram exchange with him and he sounds an OK sort of bloke - just a bit sad really.

Scary

MAP (currently on sabbatical in CC as co-dictator - part of the ruling triumvirate)

5. Pull yourself together Scary! That's what these tree hugging Utopian escapists want you to do...well jump up and bayonet those sacks over there! now drop and give me fifty!! That's better, on with the march of Arrseonia and death to all traitors, even the nice but a bit sad ones...

Cuddles I MAP, Minister for IT (whatever it is...)

6. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Sorry Cuddles it won't happen again. Please can I just do twenty - I'm not sure I'm up to fifty......

Scary

7. Okay, you can owe me thirty until der Tag when Arrseonia is truly uber alles!!

8. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

--- twenty nine, thirty. Can I stop now?

Scary

9. Now that I have joined in the game the member nations of this sad tlittle region get to read posts written in fluent English. If I have contributed nothing else other than the benefits of my superior education and intelect (Not their fault. Not all men are created equal.) I have enrichened their lives by my presence.

"And Laird - perhaps you could take things a bit easy to start with and work your way in - no more declarations of war against France - it'll just get you all booted!

Scary "

I have been taking it easy. have you not noticed how tame my proposal against the French was. I new they would not agree to war so I opted for economic sanctions. I also supported UN proposals on very sensible human rights issues (Allthough Lairdxland shall of course ignore them if they are passed.)

I even gave valid reasons why the French should rightly be despised.

10. Does he have a Turret Heid?