What should I say to my recruiter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please,

Last week I smoked alot of marijuana during a festival, I was as drunk as could be (if thats a valid excuse), but i got 4 weeks until phase 1, i dont want to get banned from the army for taking drugs when i swore to them i wouldnt, and i don't take drugs either. I want to get put onto another intake for phase 1 even if it takes another 9 months, plus im nowhere near as fit as i should be so I'd really like more time to prepare myself,

So what should I say to my recruiter? Any sound advice appreciated, and I know this topic is open for a good flaming now, I am a complete wankstain for smoking it so don't worry I would agree with your criticism.

Maybe if fivetodo is reading this you could help me better than most on here? Thanks.

Its a shame they've disbanded the Kings Regiment. You'd have been promoted

ha ha ha ha, idiot! Should have just fooking said no shouldn't you! Say nothing, if you do you wont be joining and if you dont you might get caught out in phase one, either way let that be a lesson you horrid individual.

I guess i'll just say to him i don't feel im physically ready for it yet, I haven't done my oath yet so im not stuck in, but I'd say if i didnt turn up for my oath and tried joining again they would give me the finger.

Let that be a lesson. Be something or be a cnut. right now, you're a cnut. A lot of time and effort has gone into your application, people have chased around trying to recruit you and you have treated them like shite. If you can't manage life without drugs, I suggest the Army is not for you so fcuk of to McDonalds.

Or prove us all wrong. Choice is yours.

So even with the deferrment for Phase 1, you still couldn't get to the required fitness plus smoking the Ganja, why waste their time ??

Let someone else who deserves the place that has put the effort in, But i think you may well be lucky and it May not get detected!

007m88 said:
You can't do feck all mate...say nothing! if you get caught its your own fault and a lesson learnt.... :)
Do you get a permanent ban if found out on the first drugs test, or just a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again? fcukin dying to go in on august

Google the Army's Core Values, then tell me what the one that begins with the letter 'I' means.

Civi_Git said:
If youve done it before your oath it doesnt count , apparently. Clean slate and all that.

You're still an eejit though.
Yeah my oath isnt until 4 weeks time, i smoked it about 2 weeks ago, i doubt 6 weeks is enough for it to get out of my system so hopefully what you said is right.

Don't do drugs when you are in the Army. You're not in the Army right now. If you understand what I am saying I think you'll know what to do. If you do drugs after you join, you'll get caught and booted out. But they can't kick you out for something you did before. You don't start training for another month so as long as you don't do anything else again, I don't think you should worry (you'll get a CDT after about 6 weeks into your training).

David2008 said:
I guess i'll just say to him i don't feel im physically ready for it yet, I haven't done my oath yet so im not stuck in, but I'd say if i didnt turn up for my oath and tried joining again they would give me the finger.
So let me get this right first of all you biffed basic training last time, a fact which didn't stop you offering "advice" on these forums, now a few weeks from starting ph1, you decide to consume a fair quantity of uncle Bob's finest herb and decide that your not fit enough!

In summary your a cnut

Forks said:
Don't do drugs when you are in the Army. You're not in the Army right now. If you understand what I am saying I think you'll know what to do. If you do drugs after you join, you'll get caught and booted out. But they can't kick you out for something you did before. You don't start training for another month so as long as you don't do anything else again, I don't think you should worry (you'll get a CDT after about 6 weeks into your training).
I thought you also got one on the medical during week 1? Anyway I get what your saying too, wouldn't touch the shite again anyway so i should be fine...crossed fingers.

David2008 said:
Civi_Git said:
If youve done it before your oath it doesnt count , apparently. Clean slate and all that.

You're still an eejit though.
Yeah my oath isnt until 4 weeks time, i smoked it about 2 weeks ago, i doubt 6 weeks is enough for it to get out of my system so hopefully what you said is right.
You are quite right it wont be out of your system, and the Army do not give a shit when you took it, they expect you to have the self control to know and understand you are joining an organisation that does not tolerate drugs, thats why we ask if you understand the policy.

And for the ill informed that seems to think it makes a difference because you took it before you joined, it is zero tolerance expecially in training (and again we dont care when you took it, a positive test result is a positive test result). I have seen plenty of discharge reports from week 3 where recruits were tested in week 1 and booted a fortnight later.

So maybe an apology to the tax payer about how you have just wasted £11,000 of their money might be in order.

Bear in mind we have a massive pot of people waiting for vacancies that are not there at the moment, getting rid of one weak willed person is not going to be a problem ;)

David2008 said:
I know this topic is open for a good flaming now, I am a complete wankstain for smoking it so don't worry I would agree with your criticism.
You surely didn't even hope that saying that would curb the slagging you would get?
Anyway, you're a forking twit for smoking weed, and the fact that this close to basic and have not made the effort to get into shape says to me that you are a bit of a slacker. Prove me wrong, but slackers are not the sort of person that belong in the army, though they might well knock that out of another person, the fact that you have shown such a lack of mettle without the help of the army does not bode well to me.

I think you know exactly what your options are.
1 - go to basic and risk being buggered on the CDT, if you get far enough (I genuinely hope you do)
2 - Show some balls, some integrity and tell your recruiterl. Take whatever comes to you. I believe they won't **** you on something you did before you were attested but I am no expert.
3 - Make up a bullshit excuse to defer basic, and prove to yourself that you are just what I suspected (and I hope I am wrong). And be glad that forums are nice and anonymous.

I genuinely hope you can go ahead to basic and have a great career whatever corps you end up in. My insitinct is that if you admit what you have done, the recruiter will give you a bollocking, ask you a few choice questions, but will try to accommodate you if you show the drive and commitment. But DO NOT take my advice without first hearing from someone who knows for certain.

andy_gra said:
David2008 said:
I know this topic is open for a good flaming now, I am a complete wankstain for smoking it so don't worry I would agree with your criticism.
You surely didn't even hope that saying that would curb the slagging you would get?
Anyway, you're a forking twit for smoking weed, and the fact that this close to basic and have not made the effort to get into shape says to me that you are a bit of a slacker. Prove me wrong, but slackers are not the sort of person that belong in the army, though they might well knock that out of another person, the fact that you have shown such a lack of mettle without the help of the army does not bode well to me.

I think you know exactly what your options are.
1 - go to basic and risk being buggered on the CDT, if you get far enough (I genuinely hope you do)
2 - Show some balls, some integrity and tell your recruiterl. Take whatever comes to you. I believe they won't * you on something you did before you were attested but I am no expert.
3 - Make up a bullshit excuse to defer basic, and prove to yourself that you are just what I suspected (and I hope I am wrong). And be glad that forums are nice and anonymous.

I genuinely hope you can go ahead to basic and have a great career whatever corps you end up in. My insitinct is that if you admit what you have done, the recruiter will give you a bollocking, ask you a few choice questions, but will try to accommodate you if you show the drive and commitment. But DO NOT take my advice without first hearing from someone who knows for certain.
Cheers mate, good advice, I think i'll go for option 2, risky i know but i'd rather be honest to them than to try and slip through a loophole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Darthtater Army Pay, Claims & JPA 9
2_Canadian_Beers Gunners 24
msr The NAAFI Bar 11