What should i expect at the REME selection weekend 27th-29th

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by sammdonn, Jan 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am attending the selection weekend at REME Bordon on the 27th what should i expect?I have never bn to a TA site i applyed through the web site and have not spoke to anyone to know what will happen there?

on what grounds will u get told that ur useless n just to go home? :lol:
  2. msr

msr LE

If u use txt spk on ths frm.

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Just turn up reasonably fit (well, don't worry too much to start with) and with the right kit - some sports gear, pen, notebook, etc - whatever the list says. And some money for beers. Don't be the big "I am", but just act naturally, and don't forget - you are looking at them, as much as they are looking at you! There will be some phys - not too much, I think, and generally lots of opportunity to see how the Army (well, REME TA) works.

You will probably get shouted at - accept it with a straight face, and try not to cry - or laugh :)

Enjoy yourself, basically.
  4. I echo oldsnowy, need to be reasonably fit as you will do a BPFA, which will consist of press-ups and
    sits-ups, each for 2 mins and as many as you can do correctly.
    Then a 800m warm up in a squad, then straight away, a 1.5 mile run, which is timed as a best effort.
    You might get what they call 'command tasks.' These assess your attitude, initiative and possible leadership skills.
    You will also have informal/formal interviews.
    An all important Medical and Army Entrance Test.
    Dont forget to pack one essential thing - a sense of humour (be prepared to support others who's enthusiasm
    may dwindle if they have a 'cant do' attitude).
    Good luck!
  5. Cheers