What should I do?

My 18th is in training aswell mate haha. i'm just having a mega pi55 up when i get in (i'm being positive haha :) ) shouldnt worry too much about a b-day mate.

good luck with training mate!

18th Birthday Thetford exercise
19th Birthday Iraq
20th Birthday Iraq
21st Birthday BATUS
22nd Birthday Afghanistan
23rd Birthday Warcop

Since then I've managed to get out on my birthdays. Get a grip you fairy!!!

mate dont worry about your birthday! im hoping ill be on basic when my 18th comes around because i dont have a job at the moment (made redundant aged 17!) and a source of income and a job id love todo is high on my list!
you obviously want to be in the army otherwise you wouldnt have signed up! so dont delay.

We had a lad who became 18 whilst in basic with us, he wasn't with his bezzers at the time, but we became his bezzers, even to the fact that we still meet up 23 yrs after basic occasionally for a few beers. Don't forget your roots, but look forward to good times ahead with people with like ideas.

Bowmore_Assassin

LE
Book Reviewer
TOONarmySOLDIER said:
Hi guys and girls, got a little dilemma here...
I have my start date for October 27th but my 18th birthday is on 9th november and i don't realy want to spend it in training with people i don't know well yet, plus i want to go out clubbing and all that seeing as i'll be old enough and wont be able to do it in training (obviously).
The Army is my priority and is 100% what i want to do, but would delaying it for a month or 2 be that bad?
I am also out of work and literally moving house at the moment (i know it looks like im fishing for excuses but its true), so yeah times are a bit hard at the moment, so would it be acceptable in your opinions?

Thanks.

p.s Let me reiterate i'm not having second thoughts about joining!
Oh, life is so hard, what a tough decision to have to make. FFS, get a grip. If you want in, get in, get on with it. If an 18th birthday pi$$-up and going clubbing is more important then pi$$ off and don't come back. It's the Army and like Smudge said, sh*t happens.

Thanks guys, I have taken in everything what you have ALL said and your opinions have helped.
It's just a f*cking birthday at the end of the day! Just an excuse for a piss up, and i'm sure there will be plenty more times for that!

Joe-Private the xmas idea is a good one mate, and smudge you hit the nail on the head.

I'm going to stick to the 27th October, I have worked hard for that date and i am looking really forward to starting my army career, its been a long enough wait already...

Thanks again

Soldier-Poet said:
Oh, life is so hard, what a tough decision to have to make. FFS, get a grip. If you want in, get in, get on with it. If an 18th birthday pi$$-up and going clubbing is more important then pi$$ off and don't come back. It's the Army and like Smudge said, sh*t happens.
What he said.

Latest Threads