what should i do?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by dlm7, Mar 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i start basic at winchester in may but i think ive made the wrong decision and i now wanna join the infantry what should i do?

2. get down to your recruiter ASAP for a chat. (and just why INF ffs!? :p )

3. Cow

Cow LE

Start basic training as you are meant to, then when your there request an interview to change units. What are you going in as?

Edit to add: It depends how much you want to be in the Army. If you go to your recruiting office then they make cancel your joining date and give you a new one for your new choice. If you start basic training, informing them as soon as you start that you'd like to re-badge then your in, earning and learning.

One one side its best to go in with the least fuss possible, changing units can be a long and complicated process. However, you may want to stay in your current unit once you've started. Depends what your going to be doing!

4. Infantry is a shite trade unless you're in an Armd. Inf. Role. Unless it's homoerotic hazing ritual s you'rre after in the first place.Why walk when you can drive?

5. Oi cheeky flag infantry is not shiit!!! Its a great carear if you stay in for the 22. Loads of fun. If your going in infantry make sure youve got a decent chance of promotion as well ie aim for an officers commision - It pays better wonga. But if your looking for a trade for civi street then look else were. :D

6. Oi kurt. I say it's shite and on top of that F@ck you, boylover!

7. That was never proved. :evil:

8. "some" People who think the infantry is just "cannon fodders" really show their intelligence! (not aimed at anyone by the way) before anyone starts

it's down to personal choice:

what do you want out of your career: ?
    do you wish a trade or be on the frontline: ?
    having a trade benifits you when you leave for civvie street ,
    ( unless the eastern european population get all the jobs first)
    take a good look at "Ross Kemp in afgahnistan"
    you can still gain qualifications in an Infantry unit as i have plenty to back my claim up,

what people seem to forget that "no matter" what job you do in the army: chef, engineer, rec/mech, RLC Dvr, postie, int, etc etc your still a SOLDIER FIRST & FOREMOST!! wether your working at base on on the sharp bullet end

lastly good luck with your future career my friend

9. well i went down to see the careers sgt and told him ive changed my mind and would rather have my second choice and join the infantry and he said its not a problem and it probly means i will get a start date earlier aswell :D:D:D:D cheers 4 the advice!

10. Armd Inf: eight hours being seasick in a metal box followed by 5 minutes fighting; sh1tting in a portapotty surrounded by seven of your mates; your whole world smelling of diesel; either boiling hot or freezing cold (especially up top); hatch rash (I have the scars to prove it).

Give me light inf any day. Armd inf is pants.