Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should i do to improve my osprey webbing?

What should I do?

• Improve osprey (suggestions taken)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Jay jays

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dixie's corner

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
There's too much on that belt kit. It's fighting order, you need ammo, water, first aid, if there's any spare room a meal or two from a rat pack.

Remove at least two of the large pouches, remove the right ammo pouch (you only need 6 mags)

This should leave you with ammo pouch on the left, water bottle pouch on right with one of the large pouches also on the right. This remaining pouch is for your first aid kit - first field dressing and CAT, leaving plenty of room for a grenade. Leave your water bottle cup in your day sack and you'll have plenty of room for a couple of meals.

You don't need a full cleaning kit, just your combi tool and pull through, stick them in your top pocket. 180rds weighs approx 3kg, so stick 3kg of bagged sand in your ammo pouches. Then wear it, test and adjust so it's comfortable, get in the prone position (lay down) to make sure nothing digs in. Make sure nothing rattles and nothing falls off.

He

Is

A

Cadet

$_35.jpg

XPara Mugg

War Hero
He

Is

A

Cadet

When

I

was

a

Cadet

a couple of good instructors told me stuff like this. Other detachments weren't so lucky with their adults. Things like this made it just a bit easier when I joined the TA then regular.

Learn right, learn early.

Thanks Dingerr

Last edited:
So? Got to start somewhere.

You'll get your chance when he asks about pushing shopping trollies.

Thread drift
Caught a gyppo couple of weeks ago Loading his van with trollies.
He went mad when the police used the value that the store paid for them and not the figure he reckoned on getting as Scrap.

Forgot to add his Wail of "That's not faiiiiir!" as he was lifted into the police van was funny.

Thread drift
He went mad when the police used the value that the store paid for them and not the figure he reckoned on getting as Scrap.
Did he have a special pooch for carrying them to his van?

Pretty please, stop dribbling and squabbling in the QMs.
Thread drift

Heh. Tickled me, just about the time I was reckoning how to get all this horse-shite and topsoil from the front to the back. Trolley it is.

With regard to your statement to the OP in your last paragraph, I'm fairly confident that he wont be involved in too many life of death instances in the ACF.
Further to that, and specific to the AFC, the adult instructors in many ACF units wouldnt have had any issue kit wise in the situation you describe.
After leaving the army I became an ACF instructor for a short while. I was surprised to find that instructor kit for sitting on dry grass and explaining how to use a hexi burner would neccesitate, Danner boots, SAS windproof smock, and custom made webbing!
There were more sniper smocks in the ACF than I ever saw in the army hahahahaha.
Hexamine has been replaced I believe, as it was discovered that it had carcinogenic qualities, in particular from the Formaldehyde fumes. Its made of Formaldehyde and Ammonia. Hexamine is also a base constituent of RDX explosive, which is more probably why it has fallen out of favour (it's also banned in many countries).
Hexamine MSDS

Some will also know the Steve McQueen story, in that it was actually his earlier years scraping out boilers in the navy (he served 3 years in the USMC), and later working on his motorcycle exhausts (he had an extensive collection of bikes and was a good mechanic), which resulted in Mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos!

The wild guy of film legend was actually a rather nasty piece of work if truth be told, and a real prima donna of the film world, who routinely resorted to wifebeating, especially when fuelled by sex, drugs and alcohol. It's often the heroic characters (including the fictional versions) who are buggered later on, by something they used/did in their youth, that they were told was safe at the time!

Hexamine Fuel Tablet Replacement Announced - Combat & Survival

X59

LE
There's too much on that belt kit. It's fighting order, you need ammo, water, first aid, if there's any spare room a meal or two from a rat pack.

Remove at least two of the large pouches, remove the right ammo pouch (you only need 6 mags)

This should leave you with ammo pouch on the left, water bottle pouch on right with one of the large pouches also on the right. This remaining pouch is for your first aid kit - first field dressing and CAT, leaving plenty of room for a grenade. Leave your water bottle cup in your day sack and you'll have plenty of room for a couple of meals.

You don't need a full cleaning kit, just your combi tool and pull through, stick them in your top pocket. 180rds weighs approx 3kg, so stick 3kg of bagged sand in your ammo pouches. Then wear it, test and adjust so it's comfortable, get in the prone position (lay down) to make sure nothing digs in. Make sure nothing rattles and nothing falls off.

Jesus, where is the kids det, Liverpool?

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Go back to using the cadet training vest for a couple of months, including a cadet weekend. Then you will re-discover what a good bit of kit you have bought/blagged/purloined/scrounged and that it needs no improvement.