What shooting related gifts did you get?

ugly

LE
A pheasant key ring and a salt and pepper set:

25659275_1867528876911121_59340537072969847_n.jpg
25594080_1867529606911048_8349545478158704106_n.jpg

I got a Black Lives Matter membership. Which I though was odd as I'm neither black nor American

One of these:

7.62 Silver Bullet

Build your wealth in ounces

I now have a silver bullet solution all of my own, which will be very useful for demonstrating the point at work: at first glance looks like the real thing, shiny, fits and is quite expensive.

And actually does SFA else.

A gerber knife, unfortunately with someone called Bear Grills name on it, for which number 1 son paid extra. I had asked for a knife for gralloching to replace the £5 bush wear one I have used for a few years.
The gerbers prettier. The bush wear is more functional.
I did say thank you though.

I though a necklace of ears was the traditional shooting keepsake?

I had one of those when I was 5. It had a small stub of a branch on the side that qualified it as a sten gun, of course.

DBC607D5-809A-4FEE-A7F3-B69974E1B17E.jpeg
A 24” upper.

Amongst others, I got two Glenfiddichs, a 15 and the IPA Cask one. They’ve got deer on, does that count?

Last edited:
One of these:

7.62 Silver Bullet

Build your wealth in ounces

I now have a silver bullet solution all of my own, which will be very useful for demonstrating the point at work: at first glance looks like the real thing, shiny, fits and is quite expensive.

And actually does SFA else.
Although these bullets are purely decorative and are not intended to be fired from a weapon, they will help guide your investment strategy and prepare you for a stable financial future.

.............................and they are a great conversation starter.
Nice.

I have clearly been a VERY good boy this year! I do like wearing a pocket watch with my waistcoat in the field. Last season I managed to knacker my old mechanical watch and it turned out to be not worth repairing so I've just been wearing a dead watch to keep the chain in place.

SWMBON promised to sort this and boy, did she! I'm very chuffed with my new watch - a lovely scene with a GSP flushing a pheasant, which then pops open to reveal a rather nice watch face. It is a quartz movement rather than mechanical but, in a rather cunning move by A0, she pointed out that if and when I do inevitably break it/get it soaked/dropped etc., I can simply replace the movement.

Overall, a very, very happy chap. She can stay another week :D

IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg

Cold hammer forged steel barrel?

Not like I have more than the very faintest of ideas of what difference that makes to an AR-15's performance.
Nah, its '416R STAINLESS STEEL HARDENED TO 26-32 RC AND STRESS RELIEVED', whatever that means. Basically a long upper for bench rifle shooting.

ugly

LE
I have clearly been a VERY good boy this year! I do like wearing a pocket watch with my waistcoat in the field. Last season I managed to knacker my old mechanical watch and it turned out to be not worth repairing so I've just been wearing a dead watch to keep the chain in place.

SWMBON promised to sort this and boy, did she! I'm very chuffed with my new watch - a lovely scene with a GSP flushing a pheasant, which then pops open to reveal a rather nice watch face. It is a quartz movement rather than mechanical but, in a rather cunning move by A0, she pointed out that if and when I do inevitably break it/get it soaked/dropped etc., I can simply replace the movement.

Overall, a very, very happy chap. She can stay another week :D

View attachment 308294 View attachment 308295
if you die soon first dibs etc

ugly

LE
Nah, its '416R STAINLESS STEEL HARDENED TO 26-32 RC AND STRESS RELIEVED', whatever that means. Basically a long upper for bench rifle shooting.
Surely a target would be better than a bench to shoot?

Surely a target would be better than a bench to shoot?
I hate those benches, so it makes me feel better...

if you die soon first dibs etc
Duly noted and codicil updated. As an added bonus, you will also get my rather lovely Beretta Silver Pigeon, the one with the bent barrels that fires blanks, someone MUST be able to do something with it :D