What shall we do with the drunken sailor......

Offensive jokes about the USA's history, good man, pity he didn't include the French in his fall down routine.

"Assistant Judge Advocate General Judge Robert Hill said his behaviour “could not be more of a disgrace to the Navy”.

Really?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Shall we put him up for arrse Honorary Membership?
He certainly ticks many of the boxes:
  1. “completely out of his head”
  2. “swanned around offending people”.
  3. He made distasteful jokes about rape to a female colleague,
  4. offensive remarks to a senior Indian military representative about his heritage,
  5. told an offensive joke to US military personnel about the “USA’s history”.
After all the shenanigans on the submarine, one has to admire the sheer hedonism of the Senior Service and its remorseless determination to party hard in all circumstances.

Last edited:
Shall we put him up for arrse Honorary Membership?

Looking at his remarks...

"A court martial heard yesterday that the sailor was “completely out of his head” and “swanned around” the reception “offending people”. He made distasteful jokes about rape to a female colleague, offensive remarks to a senior Indian military representative about his heritage, and told an offensive joke to US military personnel about the “USA’s history”."

I reckon he's a member already :) Probably thought the senior Indian military representative was "earth" & the Yank was the alleged paratrooper who jumped on Panama when the go light was still red!
Don't know who the female colleague would be "AMMM" didn't actually serve, unless it was "sluggy".

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
One suspects the presence of a dapper gentleman dressed in a cape and wearing 'essence of sulphur' aftershave.

Slightly more seriously, where does his career in the RN go from here? I suspect he's not enhanced his promotion prospects.

Wordsmith

Free beer. It's one's duty to kick the arse out of it. He only let himself down by not starting a naked bar.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
£1500 fine - the most expensive free drink he will have! Give him his due he did not hold back and went full throttle, or was that bottle, at the enemy! Keeping up the traditions of The Andrew, full marks!

He certainly ticks many of the boxes:
  1. “completely out of his head” Tick
  2. “swanned around offending people”. Tick
  3. He made distasteful jokes about rape to a female colleague, Tick...well maybe
  4. offensive remarks to a senior Indian military representative about his heritage, Tick
  5. told an offensive joke to US military personnel about the “USA’s history”. Tick
After all the shenanigans on the submarine, one has to admire the sheer hedonism of the Senior Service and its remorseless determination to party hard in all circumstances.
In which case, one does wonder if Old Phil was a boyhood role model.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
£1500 fine - the most expensive free drink he will have! Give him his due he did not hold back and went full throttle, or was that bottle, at the enemy! Keeping up the traditions of The Andrew, full marks!
Absolutely - reinforce victory and, in defeat, defiance.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Certainly a man you would want to go drinking with of a Friday night.
Up to a point, the trip to the curry house would be an adventure.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
In which case, one does wonder if Old Phil was a boyhood role model.
Indeed. PtG says that and it is a couple lines in the Guardian complaining about his gaffs again, PO does it and is £1500 lighter!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour!

But brilliant.

You've got to admire the man's absolute joie de vivre, and his noble aim of bringing light to the darkness of Johnny Foreigner's blinkered mind.

It rather puts me in mind of me when I threw up (I'd partaken in too many tequila "test tubes" the night before...) all over the parade field in Rammstein in the midst of a multinational parade back in 2000. Aside from getting crated, I didn't get fined, bounced, or otherwise punished. However I did spend the next few weeks avoiding anyone in authority....

Last edited: