what shall i do ??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by shaunhack08, Jul 6, 2008.

1. yes

2. no

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sorry for asking this as i understand that its a question that gets asked every day but im really struggling here

basically im 18 in september and am still in college
    studying maths chemistry and biology its a laugh but i want something a bit more exciting
    textbooks are just getting boring and i want to do something exciting with my life

im quite small for my age aroud 5'6 i think could be more/less
    and am currently quite fit so thats not an issue

but i just dont know wether the army would be for me

:?: :?: :?:

thanks in advance
  2. Get yourself down to your local ACIO and inquire about a look at life course!

You sound a bit like me at that age so off to the office I went and the last 10 years have just flown by!
  3. nice one pal and thanks for a quick answer

yeah i have booked an appointment with the careers lady i think she took a shine to me aswell so all is good

im just really undecided as what i choose now affects the rest of my life u know and you only get one life apparently

i reckon i need to get down the gym a bit more aswell
  4. Just stick to your guns and have a good look at all the options available to you.

If you haven't allready check out the army jobs site (www.armyjobs.mod.uk) and if you have any questions just feel free to ask as there is bound to be someone on here who will help you out.
  5. kk cheers mate

i think my main issue is what do i do after the army
    which makes me want to do something like engineering in the army or something i can use when i leave

but i also want to involved in combat as my grandad said he had the best time of his life when he was an officer

i suppose im being greedy going after the best of both worlds

can any1 suggest a compromise ?
  6. The Royal Engineers.

Soldier, Combat Engineer and Tradesman.

Edited to add: Sh1t, was that a wah?
  7. alright great i was a bit unsure wether doing engineering would fully rule out any combat role

another question though

is the royal engineers demanding

i mean i know its demanding but is it more so than the regular infantry
    also do you need a levels or a degree

cheers again
  8. thanks mate that was really helpfull

just looking through the job explorer
    and noticed that you can become a helicopter pilot
    thats something that would be amazing and would be really enjoyable unless it goes all black hawk down.......

does anyone know how hard it is to get into that and how many people get thoruggh selection

9. Locked before it goes all so horribly wrong.

THINK about what your asking, this isnt the school playground.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.