what sgood time for 1.5 miles?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Hicks, Mar 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats a good time for a 1.5 miles run?

Also any recommendations for varying the training for longer distance running would be welcome.

Thanks in advance
  2. A decent time is anywhere under 9:30 a good time is anything under 9, well thats been my opinion for some time anyway.
  3. I think to get into the Paras you need to get 9:18, so anything under that I would say your laughing, I tried this a few days ago after a couple of hours weight training and achieved 10:35, I know I can do much better than this, but I'm aiming for under 9 mins, it's gonna be alot hard on the road, so I wouldn't recommend using a running machine all the time.

I've started to do runs starting at about 6:00AM, 3 days aweek, taking it nice 'n' easy at first then use a combination of sprints and slow runs in between.

in total I'm training 5 sometimes doing 6 days week. just keep at it, when your running at 6:00AM just think there will be other people training at this time aswell for the fitness test lol

good luck!
  4. Just before breakfast.
  5. Adult entry under 14.00 mins
    Junior entry under 14.30 mins

I did mine in 10.59 and passed, time not too good i know but i did not prepare and suppose im very lucky to have passed.

To improve try doing Fartlek training, jogging with sprints mixed in and try doing some hill reps with that.
  6. Doesn't it depend what you are going for? I average around 10 min when I do it.
  7. 10:30 when it was 3 miles and in boots not this raging non gender trainers excuse for a test.

8. ?!!! Has this changed over the past few years? wasn't it always Under 30 - 10:30mins Minutes? anyone else record their fastest ever time while on Exercise at Vogelsang? easiest BFT Course ever, gentle uphill jog for the first 1 1/2 Miles turn around and it was all downhill, in boots I got in at 7:29mins wish they were all that easy back then!

Anyone know of an easier/faster course?

9. fally when the fog was thick didnt have to make it all the way to the hairy pig to turn around
  10. LMFAO

You mean you Cheated you cad you...
  11. http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=59071.html

Check my advice there near the bottom of the page, stick to it and you will pass with flying colours matey!!!

Good Luck.
  12. 9:30 0r less...
  13. brilliant, thanks guys.

With absolutely no running done in the last 6-7 months ive just done 10.51 (which consists of some steep-ish hills) reckon i can break that down to under 10 pretty quickly as i could do it before i stopped training.

14. under 9.30 is a good time under 8 is a great time. went in to basic doing 9.10 come out of basic doing 7.50. dont worry about it mate aslong as you can get it in under 12 you'll be fine thats what pt in basic is for you will get your time down the nice pti man will help with a little gentle encouragement in a nice friendly way.
  15. I came out of the PT school last year running 8:15 round a track which is much harder. I am now running under 8 a good time to run is anywhere round 9:30. I advise you as PTI to try and stay away from training too much in the morning as your body is more susceptable to damage. Cos your little sleepy head takes time to come round to the real world :frustrated: