What reserve centre?

heinz59

Clanker
Let me know if this is a really bone questio

Like can you visit as many reserve centres you want too?

I live in Birmingham so I have a good choice but I’m not sure what I want to do so can I visit all that interest me?
Like in the regular I’d like to do ammo tech if that has any bearing on it

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If visiting a reserve centre on drill night try and talk to a couple of soldiers as well as management. Ensure you have your national insurance number , driving license etc to speed initial admin (Beware Capita on line process will be tedious) also google a bit on the unit before visit so you can ask intelligent questions,first impressions count

heinz59

Clanker
If visiting a reserve centre on drill night try and talk to a couple of soldiers as well as management. Ensure you have your national insurance number , driving license etc to speed initial admin (Beware Capita on line process will be tedious) also google a bit on the unit before visit so you can ask intelligent questions,first impressions count
I’ve googled the centres near me and what they are and do, I’ve wrote down a few bullet points on each one to try and build my questions around that, but I kind of want to shy away from the “qualifications aspect” because they’re awesome and stuff but I don’t want to come across as a bonehead and that’s the only thing I’m there for.
So if anyone has any tips on questions to ask I’d be very grateful cause I’ve researched into the training and things so have a rough idea

The only one I’ve said no to for sure in my head is the signals

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What time of year is recruits course
What time of year is annual camp
Ask about entry fitness level
Do a bit of fitness training asp

Last edited:

heinz59

Clanker
What time of year is recruits cours
What time of year is annual camp
Ask about entry fitness level
Do a bit of fitness training asp
I’ll pop those down soon as, thank you!

I’m getting on top of the fitness, so far I’ve lost 2st 6lbs to join so I have a few lbs to go and my karate instructor has me doing circuits 5 x a week plus running :)

I’ll pop those down soon as, thank you!

I’m getting on top of the fitness, so far I’ve lost 2st 6lbs to join so I have a few lbs to go and my karate instructor has me doing circuits 5 x a week plus running :)
As regards 'recruit courses'.

Phase 1A (4 weekends OR 2 long weekends OR 1 week) and Phase 1B (2 weeks) courses run pretty much throughout the year all over the country. It's unlikely you'll have a long wait for Ph1A once attested or Ph1B once Ph1A is completed.

heinz59

Clanker
As regards 'recruit courses'.

Phase 1A (4 weekends OR 2 long weekends OR 1 week) and Phase 1B (2 weeks) courses run pretty much throughout the year all over the country. It's unlikely you'll have a long wait for Ph1A once attested or Ph1B once Ph1A is completed.
I thought it was 2 weeks each for alpha and bravo?

But my manager said I can just use annual leave for those thankfully and weekends and such we can just change my shifts

I thought it was 2 weeks each for alpha and bravo?

But my manager said I can just use annual leave for those thankfully and weekends and such we can just change my shifts
No, as I said in my original post.

Ph 1A 4 weekends OR 2 long weekends OR 1 week.
Ph 1B 2 weeks.

Ph 1A and B used to be able to be combined so the whole shebang could be done in a 3 week block (although finding a place that did this was apparently difficult), not sure if this can still be done.

heinz59

Clanker
No, as I said in my original post.

Ph 1A 4 weekends OR 2 long weekends OR 1 week.
Ph 1B 2 weeks.

Ph 1A and B used to be able to be combined so the whole shebang could be done in a 3 week block (although finding a place that did this was apparently difficult), not sure if this can still be done.
Ahh that’s brilliant thank you!
I’ll add it to my list of questions about the training because I have some about where training will be held etc

heinz59

Clanker
I met the bmi requirements today, and I’m struggling with the application form... my heart says go full time but my credit card and being sensible says go part time

Latest Threads