What Remainers fail to understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...is that Leavers voted to leave the EU (despite being told by HM Treasury and everyone else that immediately after a Referendum vote to leave there would be a recession and 500,000 job losses and 3.6% GDP recession). That the UK actually had the highest (record) employment in the last 45 years, and the highest GDP growth since the Referendum is just embarrassing for dogmatic ideological Remainers. Why do you want economic union with an anemic growth bloc that is the EU, instead of Africa and Asia with turbo growth? Unless you're rascist.

Why did we vote Leave? Because governance and control of our country should be decided only by the people of our country. The farce that is Parliament, especially the House of Commons, exists only because MPs who promised to enact the Referendum result lied, and similarly the 579 MPs who in their 2017 Manifestos (standing for Labour and the Conversatives) stating they would enact the Referendum result and leave the EU, lied again. Why? Because those Remainer MPs lied to voters to put their own desires above that of the electorate.

House of Commons Speaker Bercow is ripping up precedent and protocol to support Remainers. Remember it was for control and governance that Leavers voted out, not economics.

Everything Remainers have done since the Referendum is exactly why leavers want out of the the EU: lying, railroading, ignoring and 'knowing best' against the wishes of the majority.

Last edited:
Boring
PicsArt_04-10-07.00.28.gif

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hurrah! Another Brexit thread. I was starting to worry...

MacStab2

War Hero
It was a very slender majority though. A majority none the less.

However, what the more fundamentalists Leavers fail to see is that those who voted to stay are still allowed to say they are unhappy with the outcome. We still have freedom of expression.
Before people get in to a new civil war, both sets of campaigners lied to the public. There is not £350m a week for the NHS but we will also not be living in a Mad Max style dystopia. They are politicians, they lie we all know that but people vote foe the lies they like.

As for economics, well we will suffer economically. Record employment doesn't count for much if lots of people are in 0 hours "jobs", but that is nothing to do with the Brexit fuck-up.

The reason every one is so annoyed is the mess it has become. HMG got it wrong and parliament will not get it right as you can not get 600 people to agree an anything. I voted to stay but we are going to leave, we need to do it now (before we turn in to more of a laughing stock). We con hopefully sort out the rest of it later one. we will have to take the economic hit on that, although I'm sure lots of Leavers will say any problems are just coincidence. I don't see how pissing off our largest trading partner is going to benefit us, but I'm sure there will be loads of very shouty people will be along to tell me I know nothing and that I am thick as mince. That is what we have become, a nation of people who shout at each other while missing the irony.
We have become Americans.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads