What regiment?

Narowed it down to grenadiers and rifles,
Grenadiers because they do the ceremonial duties and seem to have a lot of other things going on,
Rifles because I have a lot of mates in the reg, seem to be one of the most respected regiments and equally on of the most professional.

Anyone help me out with which I should Go for?

Thanks.

Here's 20p to 'phone someone who cares.

Buy yourself an Arrse Challenge Coin. Then flip it.

I can imagine that both regiments will be crawling over themselves to gain your endorsement......

Z

Zarathustra

I'm a Gren but I'll resist the urge for some chippy bashing and give you a serious answer. I'd say go for the Rifles, it would give you a lot more options such as being able to be armoured, mechanised or commando trained.

I wouldn't say the Rifles are one of the most respected or professional Infantry regiments as that is very hard to judge fairly, though I would like to point out the Grens are off for their third tour of Afghanistan soon and rumour has it that we might get a fourth so we must be doing some thing right.

Public duties is shit too.

If you enjoy hours and hours of cleaning kit and being shouted at go Grenadiers, if it's just the shouting go Rifles.

OMG there is somebody who wants to be a potential Guardsman on this site do the MOD's know?

I'm a Gren but I'll resist the urge for some chippy bashing and give you a serious answer. I'd say go for the Rifles, it would give you a lot more options such as being able to be armoured, mechanised or commando trained.

I wouldn't say the Rifles are one of the most respected or professional Infantry regiments as that is very hard to judge fairly, though I would like to point out the Grens are off for their third tour of Afghanistan soon and rumour has it that we might get a fourth so we must be doing some thing right.

Public duties is shit too.
Thanks mate, Ive read a few bits on the rifles since the post, and decided this is the one I will go for.
As you said being such a big regiment they have loads of potential roles on offer, so this seems the best choice for me!

Cheers for the reply's all

Thanks mate, Ive read a few bits on the rifles since the post, and decided this is the one I will go for.
As you said being such a big regiment they have loads of potential roles on offer, so this seems the best choice for me!

Cheers for the reply's all
RIFLES. 5 battalions, lots of options, very little shouty stuff, zero stagging on outside palaces. Lots of "w*nkdurch" and none of "sir leave to carry on sir please". No-brainer really.

(Though should add that the GREN GDS are a very good bunch nevertheless).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Infantry 46
B Aviation 50
Heavy_Lift Aviation 7