What regiment to join in the Sappers?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by BornSlippy, Jun 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im currently waiting for the Army to ring me back back and ask me in for an interview but I don't know much about regiments. What regiment would I join being from Surrey? Or do I get to choose a regiment, would you say some regiments are better/preferred over others?
  2. You don't really get much of a choice, plus they don't recruit be region, they'll put you where they want you (unless you volunteer for one of the two arduous courses).
  3. Ah I see, does that apply to the infantry and other corps in the army too? Im not bothered which one I get sent to because I know I will make friends wherever I train (hopefully not too far north though, it gets a tad hard to understand if you get too far north lol)
  4. Infantry, RAC and I think RA recruit by region (could be wrong), the rest don't.

Even if you went for one of those, not all are based in the area they recruit from.

Half the fun is not living in your local area!
  5. a little bit like a northern monkey spending a year in a shit holey called Surrey :wink: get used to the idea, you might not like where they send you...it happens to everyone :twisted: