• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What regiment are SRR usually recruited from?

OK, I'll show my ignorance again. DHU? Don't tell me to Google it, because that only gives me Deck Hand Uncertified, or Dead Hooker Units, a measure of the volume of a car boot. Or North Face holdall I suppose.

Was she RTUd, or did she pass?
Well, I know an Army officer who lost not only his car but his weapons and radio in Belfast. He ended up a Brigadier naturally....

My boss on one tour 'requested' that I kindly stop referring to some officers as 'JAFO*' in particular in medical notes and briefings.

Same Dr also stopped asking where things came from and accepted that 'Op Womble' was going to happen with, or without her approval

*Obviously I changed the meaning from observer to officer.

Last edited:
Here is a course photo of the last SRR course run

four-mile-creek-campground.jpg

Well, I didn't want to say anything but I'm really ex-RNVR and attained the rank of Commander. I then went and did a little service with some secret squirrel types from London. I ended up travelling the world drinking fine vintage champagnes, driving Astons, boffing lots of loverly ladies and escaping from extraordinairy plots of ways I could have died at the hands of evil CEOs of cladstine sinister organisations.

I don't like to talk about it much though.
I was recruited to a clandestine organisation tasked with interceptions of opposing forces Comms, almost exclusively in the form of a pigeon that I was encouraged to stop.
I attempted this feat with a fairly mixed bunch of wingmen and a variety of flying machines.
There was a super intelligent dog, a genius aircraft designer that couldn’t speak English and one that to be honest seemed lacking in backbone.
If I’m honest the dog did most of the work. That’s probably why he was so highly decorated.

I was recruited to find missing service personnel (all presumed KIA in Vietnam) after I had a bit of a run in with the local law enforcement officers.
then I went and helped out in Afghanistan when the naughty people were those russians and not the locals. Look how that turned out eh?

I was recruited to find missing service personnel (all presumed KIA in Vietnam) after I had a bit of a run in with the local law enforcement officers.
then I went and helped out in Afghanistan when the naughty people were those russians and not the locals. Look how that turned out eh?
Don't be shy about your more recent trip to Burma...