• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What regiment are SRR usually recruited from?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The longest serving member of SRR joined as a Bootneck & left as an RN Officer.
That's an open and shut premeditated PTSD compo case but credit is due that he drew the line at going anywhere near the RAF.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
actualli i lied,
I was born Michael Arthur Long on January 9, 1949 outside of Los Angeles, California, raised by a blue-collar working family.
In the late 1960s, while in his 20s, I joined the Army, was part of the Green Berets, and spent three years in counter-intelligence work in Vietnam. I got captured at one point while on a mission in Vietnam, in which I was able to escape and fight his my out. Although I had escaped, I ended up getting a serious injury that required brain surgery, and a metal plate was inserted into my skull

long story short, I was declared dead, changed my name and joined the Foundation for Law and Government
As long as you don't want a second referendum, much can be forgiven...

Much like how the SAS must be able to control their falling velocity and the SBS must be able to breathe underwater, SRR candidates must show an affinity for being able to become invisible at will.

If you can do that, you're in.

But no, all of the UKSF is open to any reg, really, now- and I wouldn't say at all that the majority of the SAS is former Para. I could be wrong, but from what I've seen from people who've left and wrote their books or whatever, it's a huge amalgamation of all units- but SBS is definitely mainly RM. SRR is the only one to accept femme, so even more accepting than the S*S's. From what work they'd be doing, I'd say signals is probably the most likely one- but if you're interested in joining the SRR, you've got a chance from any walk of life in the military.

Much like how the SAS must be able to control their falling velocity and the SBS must be able to breathe underwater, SRR candidates must show an affinity for being able to become invisible at will.

If you can do that, you're in.

But no, all of the UKSF is open to any reg, really, now- and I wouldn't say at all that the majority of the SAS is former Para. I could be wrong, but from what I've seen from people who've left and wrote their books or whatever, it's a huge amalgamation of all units- but SBS is definitely mainly RM. SRR is the only one to accept femme, so even more accepting than the S*S's. From what work they'd be doing, I'd say signals is probably the most likely one- but if you're interested in joining the SRR, you've got a chance from any walk of life in the military.
Thank you for your service.

SAS - usually recruited from Paras
SBS - usually recruited from RM
SRR - usually recruited from [?]
From any Regiment/Corps that volunteers to apply and passes selection. Quite a few were from the Green Howards, back when the Green Howards still existed.

actualli i lied,
I was born Michael Arthur Long on January 9, 1949 outside of Los Angeles, California, raised by a blue-collar working family.
In the late 1960s, while in his 20s, I joined the Army, was part of the Green Berets, and spent three years in counter-intelligence work in Vietnam. I got captured at one point while on a mission in Vietnam, in which I was able to escape and fight his my out. Although I had escaped, I ended up getting a serious injury that required brain surgery, and a metal plate was inserted into my skull

long story short, I was declared dead, changed my name and joined the Foundation for Law and Government
Did one of the cats type that for you?

Ah, a Friday free-for-all topic with more SMEs than your average bank holiday military airshow.

Interestingly, those who are "Them" seem to cock a snook at SRR, possibly oblivious of their doings. Similarly those in SFSG seemingly aspire to be Them, but class themselves as UKSF anyway as it's under the same CoC and has the words Special and Forces in the job title. Then again a truss is defined with words Special and Support and often involves bollix.

Whilst appreciating 99.9% of stats are entirely fabricated, I am reliably advised that around 40% of Them are Bootnecks in origin.

Hmmm, think you will find that young lady was trying out for DHU (also take applicants from all 3 Services).
I think you'll find it was one of Tony Blair's female Prot Officers.. and it was left in a khazi at the Starbucks in Edgeware Road in 2008. I remember the incident very well.

Edit: Unless this was a different lady.

Last edited:
Actually my real name is Stringfellow Hawke and I flew helicopters in vietnam where my brother went missing

I think you'll find it was one of Tony Blair's female Prot Officers.. and it was left in a khazi at the Starbucks in Edgeware Road in 2008. I remember the incident very well.

Edit: Unless this was a different lady.
May be several, a Sig got left in the disabled toilet at a supermarket just off the A1 by a young lady in 2005/6. All sorts of fun recovering it.

actually I'm Jesse Mach, an ex-motorcycle cop, injured in the line of duty. Now a police troubleshooter, I've been recruited for a top secret government mission to ride Street Hawk

i believe anyone from any Arm can join any of the SF Units, i know of a Gurkha who passed the SBS Selection course. However its not polite to mention how he crashed a mini sub against a Yank Ship and wrote it off :)

Latest Threads