Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What Rank

If I recall correctly the US Army have changed to the Khaki Beret (same as Royal Anglian/Yorkshire Rgt etc) I did read about it a few months back here on Arrse. However if someone has the time and the will the search function will locate it. I have the time but lack the will.
Typical septics wearing a beret in the most stupid fashion is a requirment (allegedly)

Can't see too much wrong with that, tbh: Maybe it could be worn a bit more square on the head but at least the badge is (almost) over the left eye.

I've seen much worse strutting around the streets of Colchester.

The-Source-Groundbait-Carp_1000x1000.jpg

Can't see too much wrong with that, tbh: Maybe it could be worn a bit more square on the head but at least the badge is (almost) over the left eye.

I've seen much worse strutting around the streets of Colchester.

The-Source-Groundbait-Carp_1000x1000.jpg

True, to recent wearing of the beret in the British Army.
Does the septic version come with either a press stud or velcro for attaching to eppulette ( in adverse weather) to prevent whiplash?

A serious question, William was also wearing a major's crown but with a royal cipher below it, what was that all about does anyone know?
(Has it anything to do with him serving in the "Household Division" with the Blues and Royals. Remember that uniform at the other wedding. Looked 2 or 3 sizes to big for his R High. Good man!

At the risk of thread-drift to other military weddings, does anyone recognise this head-gear, worn in phantom of the opera-style by a member (apparently) of the US Army
w4sqwaxbcvmk1swn3457_low.jpg
?

Only clue is that the photo was taken in Norfolk (Virginia) Botanical Gardens.

Years ago no one in the US army wore berets except the Airborne (Maroon), Special Forces (Green) & Rangers (Black).

Then the whole US Army started wearing black berets, so to be different 75th Ranger Regiment shamelessly copied THEM and started wearing sandy berets,

At the risk of thread-drift to other military weddings, does anyone recognise this head-gear, worn in phantom of the opera-style by a member (apparently) of the US Army
w4sqwaxbcvmk1swn3457_low.jpg
?

Only clue is that the photo was taken in Norfolk (Virginia) Botanical Gardens.
Whatever it is, it should - definitely - have been shrunk/shrank/shrunken (made smaller!), before he "shaped" it ;) !

Copied across from the "Harry & Magan" thread, 'cos no-one seems to be interested over there :( .

If I remember correctly, the postilions (who were NOT struck by lightening); the outriders (including the one on the frisky grey); etc., were all wearing the usual Household uniform of red jacket with white shirt and breeches.

If only because of the contrast, therefore, I did notice the two riders on the greys pulling the landau were wearing a new, unusual, dark blue/black uniform, with a straight row of buttons from the centre of the belt up an out to each shoulder.

The only insignia, badge, identification, I saw, looked like an enormous Household Cavalry cap badge, worn on their sleeves.

(As cap badges go, it must be the smallest one in the whole army! Probably followed closely by the old ACC).

So . . . did a couple if Household Cavalry Troopers get the gig? Were the usual (civilian) riders dressed to resemble the Cavalry? And, why was it so important to someone, to make a deliberate, positive, decision like this?

(Its these little nuances that keep me as awake at night ;) ).

nintchdbpict000407515162.jpg

[Cough!]

Maybe a reference to all the females now in the King's Troop?! ;) .

Oh gracious - did I commit a spelling error? Mea Culpa

Hee - Catch On hey ? :-D

Good bunch of lads...Bernard was a bit weird though.

Last edited:
Years ago no one in the US army wore berets except the Airborne (Maroon), Special Forces (Green) & Rangers (Black).

Then the whole US Army started wearing black berets, so to be different 75th Ranger Regiment shamelessly copied THEM and started wearing sandy berets,

Noo, they're not copying them - them wear sandy berets.
75th Ranger Regt wear 'buckskin' coloured berets.
Harks back to their origins, tradition and all that.[/IMG]