What range is this?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by EX_STAB, Dec 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What range/training area is in this picture:

I don't recall seeing it. From the context I imagine it's in UK.

Ex STAB
  2. At first glance, it looks like one of the Warcop ranges, but not entirely sure!
  3. Wild guess, Dundrennan, Kirkudbright?
  4. My eyesight must be going :D thought that was the sea in the background
  5. But isn't that sea at the top right? It's not particularly clear.
  6. I don't think it's Warcop because that appears to be the sea in background but I agree the terrain looks similar.

Ex STAB
  7. I believe it is the outdoor fashionable drab green olive and brown range from man at Q and M, very popular with a certain section of the british workforce with Head Wear and matching accessories
  8. Nice!

Ex STAB
  9. I did caveat my answer with "at first glance", but at second glance its obvioulsy not warcop as their is sea in the picture.

Oh well, can't win them all, I'm off to the pub!

10. I don't know either , but I seem to have a sudden urge to slap the Midge repellent on...
  11. 51 pics on there.
    Looks like the pylon things that hold targets for the Rail Gun project in the distance, landscape looks right for southern Scotland, so still guessing at Dundrennan!
  12. Mint leaves work even better, just wipe fresh mint over exposed skin, works a treat :D
  13. Castlemartin?
  14. My guess is Eskmeals range near Ravenglass in Cumbria. I've never been there, but the terrain looks about right (less heather than in Scotland) and the camera is pointing generally south (sky brighter in the background and smoke drifts left), so it's on the west coast somewhere.

Only thing missing is the rain.