What Qualifications can i get from the TA

Hey what Qualifications can i get for civie street like security work, close protection etc ... i have no job at the moment i would join the regulars but for personal circumstances i don't want to, anybody know what license's i can get or courses i can go on?

Thanks
Welsh_lad14

(Persuming you are talking Infantry here) You can get your license, go on language courses, and be cold wet and tired most of the time.

Enjoy your career!

W-60

Hey what Qualifications can i get for civie street like security work, close protection etc ... i have no job at the moment i would join the regulars but for personal circumstances i don't want to, anybody know what license's i can get or courses i can go on?
*snigger*

P

PrinceAlbert

You can get a HND level 2 in "how to kill people, but only on a Tuesday night, or the weekend.....if it's not raining".

It's very handy!

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Fcuk all really, quals wise.

Join the RLC TA, get a HGV licence and then fook off. Thats what most of them seem to do, and its the only useful thing you can get out of the retards club, last I checked.

saladdoger said:
Get a real job and pay for the course's with the cash you earn from hard work.
I was training to be a Welder but there is no apprenticeships in my area and ive tried loads of places nothing going since theres a recession in the country.

Command_doh said:
I don't think it's sarcasm mate, just a jot of reaslism from people who may or may not have no useful qualifcations from the Army despite years of hoping/trying otherwise.
The skills that you are looking for will only come from being in the a reg RMP CP unit or SF. The chances of getting them from your local unit are nil unless you local unit is 21 or 23.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
welsh_lad14 said:
spaz said:
welsh_lad14 said:
@ Prince_albert
Whats with the sarcasm? Only asking a question.
Sorry fella you get all the quals you need to be one of those tesco rentacops.

Better?
Whats your problem?

He's right though. Giving it the big 'un after 8 posts isn't really going to make anyone sit up and take notice. The simple fact is, without a 22 year career and the benefit of resettlement training or being a black tape bandit, you won't get much out of the TA short term, quals wise.

welsh_lad14 said:

Thanks
Welsh_lad14
The RLC likes to make sure it's lads reach their potential.

They issue 25% off McDonald's coupons.

You will learn time management - be on time or be Boll*cked

Ironing, boot bulling, keep fit, First aid, map reading and most important of all - sense of humour.

On a marginally more serious note, I know guys in the RE that have gotten some fairly good civvy quals out of the TA - chainsaw quals, things like that.

Otherwise, what everyone else has said - your driving license, if you don't already have one, and maybe the odd NVQ. But nothing earth-shattering or career-changing. If that's what you want from the Army, you probably want the regs.

Another thing you will get is a very useful network.

It's not what you know, it's who you know...

The standard driving quals B, B+E, C, C+E and Hazmat. Some units you'll get IT courses such as Promina which has helped a few soldiers into a new full time job (and as MSR mentioned the contacts helped a few others).