What Qualifications can i get from the TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by welsh_lad14, Apr 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey what Qualifications can i get for civie street like security work, close protection etc ... i have no job at the moment i would join the regulars but for personal circumstances i don't want to, anybody know what license's i can get or courses i can go on?

Thanks
    Welsh_lad14

2. (Persuming you are talking Infantry here) You can get your license, go on language courses, and be cold wet and tired most of the time.

Enjoy your career!

W-60

3. *snigger*

4. You can get a HND level 2 in "how to kill people, but only on a Tuesday night, or the weekend.....if it's not raining".

It's very handy!

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Fcuk all really, quals wise.

Join the RLC TA, get a HGV licence and then fook off. Thats what most of them seem to do, and its the only useful thing you can get out of the retards club, last I checked.

6. @ Prince_albert
    Whats with the sarcasm? Only asking a question.

7. Get a real job and pay for the course's with the cash you earn from hard work.

8. Ask not what the TA can do for you, but what you can do for the TA :roll:

9. Sorry fella you get all the quals you need to be one of those tesco rentacops.

Better?

10. I was training to be a Welder but there is no apprenticeships in my area and ive tried loads of places nothing going since theres a recession in the country.

11. Command_doh

I don't think it's sarcasm mate, just a jot of reaslism from people who may or may not have no useful qualifcations from the Army despite years of hoping/trying otherwise.

12. See Spaz' answer :D

13. The skills that you are looking for will only come from being in the a reg RMP CP unit or SF. The chances of getting them from your local unit are nil unless you local unit is 21 or 23.

14. Whats your problem?

15. Command_doh

He's right though. Giving it the big 'un after 8 posts isn't really going to make anyone sit up and take notice. The simple fact is, without a 22 year career and the benefit of resettlement training or being a black tape bandit, you won't get much out of the TA short term, quals wise.