• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What Qualifications can i get from the TA

Hey what Qualifications can i get for civie street like security work, close protection etc ... i have no job at the moment i would join the regulars but for personal circumstances i don't want to, anybody know what license's i can get or courses i can go on?

Thanks
Welsh_lad14

(Persuming you are talking Infantry here) You can get your license, go on language courses, and be cold wet and tired most of the time.

Enjoy your career!

W-60

Hey what Qualifications can i get for civie street like security work, close protection etc ... i have no job at the moment i would join the regulars but for personal circumstances i don't want to, anybody know what license's i can get or courses i can go on?
*snigger*

P

PrinceAlbert

You can get a HND level 2 in "how to kill people, but only on a Tuesday night, or the weekend.....if it's not raining".

It's very handy!

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Fcuk all really, quals wise.

Join the RLC TA, get a HGV licence and then fook off. Thats what most of them seem to do, and its the only useful thing you can get out of the retards club, last I checked.

saladdoger said:
Get a real job and pay for the course's with the cash you earn from hard work.
I was training to be a Welder but there is no apprenticeships in my area and ive tried loads of places nothing going since theres a recession in the country.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't think it's sarcasm mate, just a jot of reaslism from people who may or may not have no useful qualifcations from the Army despite years of hoping/trying otherwise.

Command_doh said:
I don't think it's sarcasm mate, just a jot of reaslism from people who may or may not have no useful qualifcations from the Army despite years of hoping/trying otherwise.
The skills that you are looking for will only come from being in the a reg RMP CP unit or SF. The chances of getting them from your local unit are nil unless you local unit is 21 or 23.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
welsh_lad14 said:
spaz said:
welsh_lad14 said:
@ Prince_albert
Whats with the sarcasm? Only asking a question.
Sorry fella you get all the quals you need to be one of those tesco rentacops.

Better?
Whats your problem?

He's right though. Giving it the big 'un after 8 posts isn't really going to make anyone sit up and take notice. The simple fact is, without a 22 year career and the benefit of resettlement training or being a black tape bandit, you won't get much out of the TA short term, quals wise.

welsh_lad14 said:

Thanks
Welsh_lad14
The RLC likes to make sure it's lads reach their potential.

They issue 25% off McDonald's coupons.

You will learn time management - be on time or be Boll*cked

Ironing, boot bulling, keep fit, First aid, map reading and most important of all - sense of humour.

On a marginally more serious note, I know guys in the RE that have gotten some fairly good civvy quals out of the TA - chainsaw quals, things like that.

Otherwise, what everyone else has said - your driving license, if you don't already have one, and maybe the odd NVQ. But nothing earth-shattering or career-changing. If that's what you want from the Army, you probably want the regs.

The standard driving quals B, B+E, C, C+E and Hazmat. Some units you'll get IT courses such as Promina which has helped a few soldiers into a new full time job (and as MSR mentioned the contacts helped a few others).

Latest Threads