• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What power does the Queen have ?

A long long time ago the governing of the nation and laws passed upon it's subjects were decided by the sovereign. Now however it seems all decisions, right or wrong are taken by the PM.

The retaking of the Falklands, The gulf wars etc. Did she have any input or did Tony Blair just text her and say Sorry Liz, can't come round for tea and biccies Tues, have a Cobra meeting and then we are invading Iraq.

Reply - OK tony see you next week, will bake your favourite cake - Liz

Oddly enough we did a straw poll about the Queen just yesterday.... basically when asked if it came to a constitutional crisis between Queen and parliament... which side would you take.... every single soldier replied...Queen....

Try it in your own units and you'll get much the same answer.

Put simply The Queen has as much power as she needs.... all she has to do is give the word and its showtime!!

Officially she can strike down any law and is above the 'rule of law' because of her position as monarch. In reality she has virtually no power as this would create such a consitutional crisis parliament would simply vote to get rid of her. Although as has been previously mentioned she pretty much as the complete backing of the armed forces and the majority of the police so I'll leave that up for you to decide ;)

She can fart with sufficient force to levitate her to a height of 26 metres for as long as 3 hours (wearing tracksuit, capability reduced in ceremonial costume).

Flight, Superstrength, near invunerability, heat vision, xray vision, Able to see hundred of miles and see things down to sub atomic level. Super hearing the ability to travel at hyper-sonic speeds.

What power does the Queen have ?

If careful, as much as HM wants to exercise. She has mahoosive powers, but has sensibly declined to use them and instead let tw@ts like Bliar and Broon bring back a Tory government.

One clever Lady xxx

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I` would have thought she's got electricity, gas oil and coal. It's not like she can't afford it.
Can we do caps when we speak of The Queen? Thanks

The Queen has no need of leccy, gas or coal. The Queen is the Wind Beneath Our Wings and scientists from MIT proved that could power a city the size of Coventry for 6.8 days. It was in BBC2.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Can we do caps when we speak of The Queen? Thanks

The Queen has no need of leccy, gas or coal. The Queen is the Wind Beneath Our Wings and scientists from MIT proved that could power a city the size of Coventry for 6.8 days. It was in BBC2.
Sorry what was I thinking She's got Electricity, Gas, Oil and Coal. It's not like she can't afford it
As always, happy to oblige

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
she doesnt have the power to raise taxes for fighting france but that could be changed I reckon, she'll have a bit more now they are giving her the proceeds of crown lands back

C

cloudbuster

While She may indeed have gas, piped water, mains sewage and three-phase 240v at her English addresses, I believe her holiday home on Deeside is powered by a treadmill and lit by burning peasants. Effluent runs into the Dee, and is filtered out by the residents of Torry and sold as souvenirs.

Latest Threads