What personal electrical stuff do you take on ops?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mr_C_Hinecap, Feb 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Serious question - PM me if you doubt why I'm asking this.....

What do you take with you that needs power? 10 years ago, a comfort box didn't have too much more than paperback books, lads mags, folding shelves, a decent pillow and a cd walkman. Now it is a different matter. I'm trying to ascertain what you take with you that needs batteries / mains power for your own comfort and amusement. I'm hearing ipods, laptops, portable dvd players, digital cameras, video cameras, rechargeable speakers. What did you take yourself and what might you take (or not take) next time, and if a change, why?

2. mp3 player, laptop, ps3, psp, the list go's on

3. Vacuum cleaner.

4. I'm listening - what did you take?

5. You AGC???

6. MP3 player and a laptop, I'll be investing in a kindle for my next tour aswell

7. Gps

8. What is a comfort box? Is it a more basic version of a Korean comfort woman?

9. Depends where and what you will be doing.... Most MOBs have everything you need anyway...

I'd take a netbook an ipod and a HD full of 'movies of interest'.....

10. A King Size rabbit vibrator, an interesting pen1s massager that I was sent by Donut, a pack of slimming pills, an instruction manual for drill, some love eggs and a personal horoscope provider.

But since I am the RAF liaison officer, I find that it is only right to offer gifts that they will appreciate.

11. Laptop, ipod and kindle.

External hard drive ran off laptop power.

12. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Mp3 player fed on AAA batteries, digital camera which is fed on AA batteries and that's it.

I bought those two items specifically because they ran on disposable batteries. Free supply from the QM's and no recharging to worry about.

I don't take my laptop with me when I'm away as the risk of damage or theft is too great and I'll take a stock of books from my shelves and swap them once I'm done. Don't like Kindle; again fine in camp but once you're out on the ground you don't care if your paperback gets soggy.

13. 2 MP3 players (Never be too careful and they are fecking cheap nowadays), Sony E-Reader, Laptop and DS - Thats about it. (oh and a powermonkey Solar charger)

14. I've heard that those powermonkeys couldn't charge a thing even in the brightest Afghan sun.

15. You have heard quite wrong my good man, they have problems with the LapTop (Probably take a week) but they are fine on everything else.