What passes for humour among the PC brigade

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Aug 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

British culture continues to circle the drain. Apparently this insipid rehash of the old George Michael 'Careless Whisper' joke of over ten years ago is screamingly funny and the best joke of the Fringe. God help us.

Funniest joke of 2013 Edinburgh Fringe - Telegraph

2. Voted-for by?

'Dave' viewers, who, by definition have the memory-loop of a goldfish.

This, from the comments section is funnier;

• Like Like x 12
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

These are the also-rans:

2.Alex Horne - "I used to work in a shoe-recycling shop. It was sole-destroying."
    3.Alfie Moore - "I'm in a same-sex marriage... the sex is always the same."
    4.Tim Vine - "My friend told me he was going to a fancy dress party as an Italian island. I said to him 'Don't be Sicily'."
    5.Gary Delaney - "I can give you the cause of anaphylactic shock in a nutshell."
    6.Phil Wang - "The Pope is a lot like Doctor Who. He never dies, just keeps being replaced by white men."
    7.Marcus Brigstocke - "You know you are fat when you hug a child and it gets lost."
    8.Liam Williams - "The universe implodes. No matter."
    9.Bobby Mair - "I was adopted at birth and have never met my mum. That makes it very difficult to enjoy any lapdance."
    10.Chris Coltrane - "The good thing about lending someone your time machine is that you basically get it back immediately."

Courtesy of Auntie

4. What a load of unfunny PC shit.

What's wrong with mild sexism/racism/homophobia, it never harmed anyone.

5. After reading the article , I spied the 2008 winner.

2008: Zoe Lyons - "I can't believe Amy Winehouse self-harms. She's so irritating she must be able to find someone to do it for her."

That's more like it.

• Like Like x 6
  6. And if you had a choice between having the wealth of Bill Gates or eradicating hunger in the whole of the African continent, what colour Ferrari would you choose?

• Like Like x 15
  7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Why do seagulls have wings?
    So they can beat the Pikies to the rubbish dump.

Arrse should take a show to the Fringe - just for the shock value.

• Like Like x 6
  8. I thought that "cruel and unusual punishment" was outlawed with the Bill of Rights of 1689?

9. When you can't make jokes about, religion, race, geographic location, disability, eye colour. Then that is what you are left with.

10. Numbers 1, 3 and 6 covers them.

Has anyone on here ever come up with a NEW joke? Not a pun or a rehash of something they were told but a new one?

Not easy.

11. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Certainly no-one at the Fringe has.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That is a damn good idea - I'd pay to see that.

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 3
  13. FORMER_FYRDMAN

But what material would be used from the vast repository that is Arrse to ensure maximum outrage?

14. Just resurrect the Mong threads and read them out, guaranteed to be offensive to nearly everyone whilst at the same time causing tears of laughter across the land.

• Like Like x 5