What optics does everybody use?

D

Deleted 24582

After my recent little Safari, I decided it was time to upgrade my optics. With my daughter as the newest edition, I ended up giving her mine for large parts of the hunt so she could see what was going on. I think they will just be given to her on a permanent basis now. My Bushnell LRF, while nice just does not provide the capability I need anymore. It maxes out at 500 yards to get a return on anything 4 legged, which hinders the party when one is the designated spotter and ground guide.

I was browsing and found a decent deal on fleabay for these.

The Sig store is also giving out $200 buck in credit for proof of purchase. Which helps get over the sting. These binos will allow me to eliminate one extra bit of kit that is carried. I am looking forward to getting them at the end of next week, and taking them out to start familiarizing myself with their capabilities.

So what are you bringing to the field?

ugly

LE
I either use Steiners or some leupolds, depends upon what I am doing. I don't actually need the bushnel range finders I have. I know how far every field is across that I stalk.
In Scotland I just get as close as I can, anything under three hundred yards get a chance to go in the chiller.
My scopes are simple tastes, either S&B or Swarovski, usually 6x42 or 8x56 although I do have some leupold and s&b low mag variable scopes for woodland.

Not for hunting, just target shooting I use a MARCH 10x-60x52 SFP, a mere £ 2300.00. Nice piece of glass.

D

Deleted 24582

I either use Steiners or some leupolds, depends upon what I am doing. I don't actually need the bushnel range finders I have. I know how far every field is across that I stalk.
In Scotland I just get as close as I can, anything under three hundred yards get a chance to go in the chiller.
My scopes are simple tastes, either S&B or Swarovski, usually 6x42 or 8x56 although I do have some leupold and s&b low mag variable scopes for woodland.
I am rather jealous of not having to carry a range finder on your person.

The scope on my .308 bolt action is just the standard cheapo one supplied by the manufacturer. Nothing fancy about it, but it gets the job done.

D

Deleted 24582

Not for hunting, just target shooting I use a MARCH 10x-60x52 SFP, a mere £ 2300.00. Nice piece of glass.
That sounds fancy...I do need something like that. Quality glass ain’t cheap though.

ugly

LE
I am rather jealous of not having to carry a range finder on your person.

The scope on my .308 bolt action is just the standard cheapo one supplied by the manufacturer. Nothing fancy about it, but it gets the job done.
Generally when in Scotland the ghillie is usually close enough to the money to be relied on! I do have a fancy leupold tactical thingy on one of the shop rifles, its a TMR2 essentially a rem 700 dressed up in an AI stock but uses M14 mags so is a shoe in for a Mc Queen comp.

That sounds fancy...I do need something like that. Quality glass ain’t cheap though.
The same glass in Germany costs around £ 900.00 more, so I think that I got a good deal.

After my recent little Safari, I decided it was time to upgrade my optics. With my daughter as the newest edition, I ended up giving her mine for large parts of the hunt so she could see what was going on. I think they will just be given to her on a permanent basis now. My Bushnell LRF, while nice just does not provide the capability I need anymore. It maxes out at 500 yards to get a return on anything 4 legged, which hinders the party when one is the designated spotter and ground guide.

I was browsing and found a decent deal on fleabay for these.

The Sig store is also giving out $200 buck in credit for proof of purchase. Which helps get over the sting. These binos will allow me to eliminate one extra bit of kit that is carried. I am looking forward to getting them at the end of next week, and taking them out to start familiarizing myself with their capabilities.

So what are you bringing to the field?
30771826-front-940x529.jpg

D

Deleted 24582

Generally when in Scotland the ghillie is usually close enough to the money to be relied on! I do have a fancy leupold tactical thingy on one of the shop rifles, its a TMR2 essentially a rem 700 dressed up in an AI stock but uses M14 mags so is a shoe in for a Mc Queen comp.
That does sound fancy! Got a pic by chance??!

ugly

LE
I'm torn between selling the TMR and rebarreling it to .280 but I could just drop in the barrel and action from the current .280 but its a heavy barrel and I'd want a slim one like the original!

ugly

LE
That is very nice!
Its OK but boring, v bulls constantly at 600 yards.
This is interesting;
3881687.jpg
9839821.jpg
198533.jpg
3635876.jpg

Although I was once called Bubba for owning a sportered service rifle!

D

Deleted 24582

Vortex , EOtech , Yukon etc

Just been trying one of these out , impressive EOTech
I have shied away from EOTech these past few years. But that does look neat.

What do you have it mounted on? I normally don’t go much past six power though anymore.

This came with the LMT, so it should be an adequate deer rifle.

I have shied away from EOTech these past few years. But that does look neat.

What do you have it mounted on? I normally don’t go much past six power though anymore.

This came with the LMT, so it should be an adequate deer rifle.
I stuck it on a Rem 700 5R in 6.5CM .

Latest Threads