What now the Labour Party?

I work in an industry where people typically tend to vote labour - it was telling yesterday, when colleagues who disclosed voting for labour, said they did so despite Corbyn.

Whilst colleagues working at other institutions in places where there are nationalist parties such SNP, PC etc, said they were thankful they had the opportunity to vote for someone other than the English main three. One even said he was tempted to draw a huge cock on his ballot, but instead voted for the nationalist party just because they are actually quiet good on local issues.

Edited to correct typo.
I work in a factory where most people are tribal labour, there was a palpable feeling of triumph like when your team has had a good result yesterday. Voting tory was not difficult for most of them and the state of labour made it even easier for them. I remember similar feelings back in the early 80's...working people had no problem with voting tory then either. It is all down to Boris and his team which is so far superior to anything labour could cobble together that the boxing board of control wouldn't sanction the fight, their only effective enemy at the moment is the BBC.

Momentum control every part of the party and all seats of power and influence now, the only way they can be replaced is if they vote themselves out/stand down. This is just the beginning of the trouble for labour. Even more so in that the McDonald wing of momentum started purging the Corbyn wing months ago and putting their own people in.

The next leader will be either picked by the same mass member voting which picked Corbyn. So just another Corbyn younger copy or any of the current shadow government. Or the now McDonald-controlled Momentum will remove the voting process and put in a younger version of McDonald without the historical baggage.

No credible opposition for a generation was banded about when Corbyn was first election labour leader, we're only 4 years into the generation.
That’s why Lansman was so smug and reserved when interviewed after the Labour debacle at the polls. Labour is now fully under the control of the Communists and not just that, but the Bolshevik faction. And there are still enough useful idiots out there to support them.

There will now be a rise in “popular street protest” against the “fascist deep state” which has “usurped power from the people”. Every attempt will be made to provoke a heavy-handed reaction and to tarnish the forces of law and order.

The new “Labour Party” will distance itself from the most outrageous acts of violence and intimidation but will nevertheless encourage and exploit them.

The Leadership of the Proletariat does not gain power by the ballot, but by the bullet and it keeps it that way.

has he found any policemen yet?
They're never around when you want them.

Lightweights have all resigned and gone off to be train drivers.

The Leadership of the Proletariat does not gain power by the ballot, but by the bullet and it keeps it that way.
I think that they will have their work cut out in England at least, it is not our way.

Labour seems to have become an open prison/asylum for the criminally insane and deluded. On the bright side we know where they are and it only costs them three quid to get in.
The down side is they have one or two television stations to rant at us with when we are having our tea.

I didn't see that. To whom did they report it apart from ARRSE?
There was a video doing the rounds, I saw it on Faceache, of a policeman standing a few feet away. The guy taking the video drew the attention of the copper but said officer either wasn't interested or didn't think it was against the law. The chap pressing Labour leaflets into voters hands was of a dusky hue and spoke with a strong accent of the Indian sub-continent.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I didn't see that. To whom did they report it apart from ARRSE?
I had a Labour leaflet delivered on the day of the election. Mind you, included in the blurb on how to vote Labour was an offer to collect and drive to the Polling Station. Not sure if that is legal but it went straight in the recycling - and Labour were kicked out here!

Labour seems to have become an open prison/asylum for the criminally insane and deluded. On the bright side we know where they are and it only costs them three quid to get in.
I'm starting to think that £3.00 spent joining the Labour Party might well provide me with more entertainment value than a trip to the cinema or a DVD box set. I might just indulge... :)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst it's a thing of joy watching smug metropolitan trots struggling to come to terms with how despised they are by the very people they aspire to represent, it's becoming increasingly uncomfortable to realise that the alternative to the Tories is a Labour Party that's not fit for purpose and which, because of the make up of its rank and file, really has no obvious way of breaking free from the extreme left, particularly not after four years of entryism.

If the moderates can't regain control, and I doubt they can, we need an alternative, pronto.

Yokel

LE
A sensible suggestion, but will they listen?
Probably not, but just with an individual facing a challenge to their self image they will focus on the core of how they see them selves and seek to emphasise that, possibly to the point of self destruction. You could say electing Corbyn as leader was exactly that.

Now they have to move away from the left, and become more practical and less ideological.

I suggest that "the Labour Party" of the title should be extended conceptually to include the larger, and more influential, group of Common Purpose graduates as it is these people who remain in positions of power, and will continue to do so. What form will their resistance take? A strange word, but they will be thinking of their actions as resistance and are likely to make any clear-sighted analysis of, improvements to, the now-traditional omni-shambles, even more difficult to achieve.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst it's a thing of joy watching smug metropolitan trots struggling to come to terms with how despised they are by the very people they aspire to represent, it's becoming increasingly uncomfortable to realise that the alternative to the Tories is a Labour Party that's not fit for purpose and which, because of the make up of its rank and file, really has no obvious way of breaking free from the extreme left, particularly not after four years of entryism.

If the moderates can't regain control, and I doubt they can, we need an alternative, pronto.
Whilst it's true that any government needs an effective opposition to keep it focussed, Boris is probably faced with the Corbynite Labour Party for the next few years. Digging Momentum out will take that long, and the moderates' success is not a given.

Much as it's a concern, it does bring a smile to my face.

Whilst it's true that any government needs an effective opposition to keep it focussed, Boris is probably faced with the Corbynite Labour Party for the next few years. Digging Momentum out will take that long, and the moderates' success is not a given.

Same here, but good government needs a good and joined up opposition and Labour will not be that for a generation. We're faced with an innefective opposition hectored and goaded by the SNP who will be pursuing their own agenda whilst doing everything they can to thwart the government, whilst the Lib Dems will struggle to get their voice heared, not that in itself that's a bad thing.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

I'm not convinced they can be dug out, further, the priority for the moderates is making the Labour Party electable while the priority for Momentum and its cohorts is keeping control. That gives Momentum a huge advantage in any internal struggle because they can adopt the more extreme positions which appeal to a rank and file which often prefers ideological purity over being in Government. It's also the case that only the very committed can navigate the arcane procedures inherent in the Labour Party's processes and, by definition, those with that sort of procedural stamina tend to be more extreme.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anything this fat, ignorant, racist twat says should be taken with a pinch of salt. He was schooled at the Bernie Grant school of hating anything white and continued in that vein. It is no wonder that Haringey and Tottenham in particular have the problems they have when there are community leaders of this ilk. Thank fook I moved away!

Latest Threads