What now the Labour Party?

Slime

LE
Just like the Lib Dems won’t get a look in in Wakefield at the next GE.
For Davey (or Starmer) to assume either of their Party’s will trounce the Tories at the next General Election is delusional.
However, a Lab/Lib Dem Coalition (despite their denials), propped up by the SNP, is a scary possibility and will keep me awake at night as the day approaches.

Party politics is a funny old game :)
There is usually something going on in the background that will sway the voters to the near exclusion of one major party.

A while ago Bristol got rid of its independent city mayor, and the ‘masses’ decided they really needed a Corbyn loving Labour mayor :)

After exposure to the reality of Corbyn’s leadership, an awful lot of those same people decided the last thing they needed was a Corbynite mayor, and during his second term the thoughts turned against him so much that the city voted to completely get rid of having any city mayor from any party………..That was about as big a change as was possible.

Getting slightly larger in politics, The Tory regional mayor was ousted, and a Labour regional mayor elected. From what I can gather many people decided that although they preferred the idea of a Tory mayor the fact they knew the Labour candidate had previously done a lot for the area counted for more. The previous Tory regional mayor had also introduced electric scooters to the city, which perhaps had annoyed more people than it had pleased :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There was a suggestion yesterday that Keir Stoma had been issued a FPN over the Durham currygate incident.

Has anything more come out about this?

There was a suggestion yesterday that Keir Stoma had been issued a FPN over the Durham currygate incident.

Has anything more come out about this?

He's probably learning tips from Wee Nippy on how to forget things he's supposed to remember

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
More to the point, let's see how much the BBC gives this.
Given the amount of time they spent waffling on about Boris having some cake at number 10 you’d think they’d be all over this.

Perhaps it’s not part of their agenda.

Starmer in jocular conversation in 2025: "I cross and uncross my legs to distract the PM"

throw-up-dry-heave.gif

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
do we have a news story for this, or is it just rumours at current?
It was just rumours about Boris but it didn’t stop the media frenzy.