Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What now for the EU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, someone’s been thinking. What do our regular road transport and logistics members think?

Take that, Brussels! UK to launch ferry trade route around Europe to bypass hated EU rules

ETA: There will obviously have to be greater security to prevent stowaways. This would make an ideal direct route into the UK from Africa.
I would hope the former Booty advising the Home Office is drawing up plans.
Bit of a "mash-up" in that article . . . including non-Morocco ferry bits . . . relating to the NI/EU border dispute, which concludes . . .

. . . . On Wednesday Britain announced it is unilaterally extending the grace period for some checks on trade with Northern Ireland.

In response, referencing the UK, Ireland’s foreign minister Simon Coveney said the EU is “negotiating with a partner it simply can’t trust”.

I think any trust went out the window just before last Christmas, yet another great tactical decision that has shown that trust and good faith has to be shown only by the UK.
They really aren't intent on making many friends in the world are they?

Meanwhile, someone’s been thinking. What do our regular road transport and logistics members think?
Take that, Brussels! UK to launch ferry trade route around Europe to bypass hated EU rules

ETA: There will obviously have to be greater security to prevent stowaways. This would make an ideal direct route into the UK from Africa.
I would hope the former Booty advising the Home Office is drawing up plans.

I know Dan O'Mahoney and I would not describe detailed planning as his strongest point.

Interesting notion.

The UK gets a surprising amount of fresh produce from North Africa including things like tomatoes and citrus fruits amongst others.
Potentially damaging for Spanish exports in particular, they are qouting a three day passage time which is half the current transit time.
North Africa produce is cheaper and often better quality than european. If it can be delivered faster (therefor with longer shelf life) and cost effectively then its a winner for the Africans and its a winner for the UK.

Not so good for southern european producers who export to the UK though
Moroccan Black
@Ciggie

Interesting notion.

The UK gets a surprising amount of fresh produce from North Africa including things like tomatoes and citrus fruits amongst others.
Potentially damaging for Spanish exports in particular, they are qouting a three day passage time which is half the current transit time.
North Africa produce is cheaper and often better quality than european. If it can be delivered faster (therefor with longer shelf life) and cost effectively then its a winner for the Africans and its a winner for the UK.

Not so good for southern european producers who export to the UK though

... and the next stage will be to develop the markets in that area to ensure vessels returning are full of UK export items ... unless that is already part of the plan ... to the entrepreneur as one door closes another one opens .

Ah. Ok. Still, all he really has to do is turn to his team and say ‘Make it so’ : assuming he has a team that can do so.

Fortunately, he is surrounded by a good team and they deliver in spades. But, how can I put this politely, he saw an opportunity for advancement and grasped it with both hands.

Bit of a "mash-up" in that article . . . including non-Morocco ferry bits . . . relating to the NI/EU border dispute, which concludes . . .

. . . . On Wednesday Britain announced it is unilaterally extending the grace period for some checks on trade with Northern Ireland.

In response, referencing the UK, Ireland’s foreign minister Simon Coveney said the EU is “negotiating with a partner it simply can’t trust”.
One of the bye-products of piss-poor running ‘journalism’.
Somebody is detailed off to just top and tail a story that’s already running with some new information that has vague relevance to the original, instead of just crafting a new piece complete with further research and proper subbing.

Re the Oz - AZ vaccine boIIocks.
I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shite, there will be a big press announcement over the weekend backtracking and putting the finger on some poor sap making an error or that wasn't what was meant and that the world had misunderstood.
Obfuscation, deceit and outright lies....all trademarks of the MafEU©.

Status
Not open for further replies.