Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What now for the EU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Germany will lose at least 10 million in the coming 80 years and there is a fear that German economy will not find enough workers to fund the pensions of a fast aging population.

Wait till they're expected to provide pensions for a growing non contributory population of migrants, legal or otherwise. You think they have problems now...?

He was ignored and ridiculed because he spent in the region of £9 million of UK taxpayers money and couldn't even come up with a solitary, single, positive reason for staying in the EU.

Perhaps you could help him out ( and every other remainer ) and come up with just 1 positive for staying in the EU.

C'mon, it shouldn't be difficult for those highly educated remainers.
You will find out without my assistance. Astounding that you have not spotted anything yet!

I wait now for evidence that this historic disaster is worthwhile.

No, it's a deep seated frustration that you refuse to follow a simple logical argument supported by facts and common sense. You select paragraphs from 10 posts, take out words, phrases and even whole sentences and rearrange them in a nonsensical pattern to suit your predetermined position - EU good / UK bad. It's just alphabet spaghetti. How can building a motorway be a short term kickstart?

I say again, you're a ******* flaming mentalist laboon.
That's the CV for a job with this bunch of crooks that you put into No 10....right?

To answer your question... Probably because the remain case was not an outcome that Russian trolls were instructed to engineer.

There was also the matter of integrity. The tools of propaganda and lies do not flourish among honest people. Cameron was the democratically elected leader appointed at the time and he advised against brexit. He was ignored and ridiculed. Now that is what I call a paradox.

Enter a lying opportunist called Boris and his criminal puppet master. A new age of reckless government began.
Does my Cameron EU booklet count as "propaganda" by the way?

I had it filed under "bollox"

I can answer NO with confidence to all your question and tell you I fully agree with you.

The problem here is demographics. German demographics are alarming and the German Gvt knows that. By current calculation, Germany will lose at least 10 million in the coming 80 years and there is a fear that German economy will not find enough workers to fund the pensions of a fast aging population.

Question.
In the UK it's become mandatory to have a private pension scheme (called the work place pension), this will, in the case of most low paid workers, only provide a supplemental top up. However, the Government have also removed the restrictions on retirement. So I suspect retirement for the low paid will look like part time hours + work place pension + state pension.

Have other countries, such as Germany/France not employed such means?

Question.
In the UK it's become mandatory to have a private pension scheme (called the work place pension), this will, in the case of most low paid workers, only provide a supplemental top up. However, the Government have also removed the restrictions on retirement. So I suspect retirement for the low paid will look like part time hours + work place pension + state pension.

Have other countries, such as Germany/France not employed such means?

There are incentives to do so and to prepare for old age with a supplementary pension/fund, but people have been used for generations to work about 40 years before retiring around the age of 60-65 for their final 20 or so years on a generally decent pension as long as the retiree owns his/her lodging.

It is the complete change that the aging of the population will bring that younger generations need to get their heads around. The above scheme is already insufficient, it will soon be completely unworkable.

To answer your question... Probably because the remain case was not an outcome that Russian trolls were instructed to engineer.

There was also the matter of integrity. The tools of propaganda and lies do not flourish among honest people. Cameron was the democratically elected leader appointed at the time and he advised against brexit. He was ignored and ridiculed. Now that is what I call a paradox.

Enter a lying opportunist called Boris and his criminal puppet master. A new age of reckless government began.

lol. You just get funnier and funnier.

You are blaming “results”, not “causes”.

For example, you say Leavers were ignorant of how the EU worked. That is a “result”. As you claim the EU system is great, the “cause“ must be that Remainers (for a number of reasons) failed to educate us. You were too smug, too complacent, too lazy to spend the time and effort educating us. Instead, you choose to call us ignorant plebs who should bow down to your superiority and do what we were told by superior beings.

Wrong attitude, wrong approach.

The fault is yours. You failed.

The ultimate cause of Brexit is the ignorance, hubris and laziness of the EU and its cheerleaders. Rather than lash out in pain, wouldn’t it be better to understand your own failings so that the EU can avoid similar failures in the future?

Ah, but how did you manage to hide the scar? A bit of plastic perhaps?
Pst! Don't tell them. I may be "special" enough that a "Schmiss" goes unnoticed.

Wait till they're expected to provide pensions for a growing non contributory population of migrants, legal or otherwise. You think they have problems now...?
I wouldn't be so sure about that. If the mood within the population changes, something I don't rule out at all, the world will in some years see the ugly German again.

Somewhat overshadowed by the typical German Angst of the Wu Flu, the pressure on the government to do something e.g. deport rejected asylum seekers and so on is increasing.

The typical left-wing fantasies that all people are naturally good, peaceful and rational are also decomposing more and more in the course of the rising anti-Semitism caused by Muslim refugees and the general gut feeling of more violence and crime.
The official figures do not yet reflect this gut feeling, but we all know how it is with statistics.

As we all know, the common German when push comes to shove, is prone to more extreme political ideas and moderation is not necessarily one of the strengths.

It would not be nice to see any Nazi party in power again, that would end badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.