What now for the EU ?

not really when he thought he would win large as his polling said 70% for the EU because they only polled the westminster bubble and put it to bed for as long as it took to lock us in totally. he might have won it too if he hadn't started project fear off in all its lunacy.

I think he understood it was an increasing issue when he saw thew lib dem vote in 2010 because they too promised a vote on europe but failed to understand the underlying discontent in the rest of the nation since the 80s.

the fact he deliberately resigned so he didn't have to enact art 50 as promised during the campaign is beneath contempt IMO.
Not really- it was one of those politicians’ “wheezes” cooked up with George Osborne. He was more worried by UKIP than he needed to be and promised a referendum conditionally in order to take the wind out of their sails.
The wheeze was that he never expected that the conditions would be met, iirc one was that the Tories had to be the majority government- when the general consensus at the time was that it was unlikely that we’d have anything other than coalitions for the foreseeable. Another was that he personally still had to be the leader of the party- when he had already flagged up his intention to step down.
Nope, they never intended it to, nor thought it could, happen
I don’t really care about the politicking. Blair had promised a referendum and reneged. I wanted a referendum, so it was means to an end. I said some time ago that the referendum had to be the reason for the Conservative win in ‘15 because as a manifesto commitment he had no choice.
UKIP did their part no doubt but it doesn’t alter the facts. In terms of Cameron’s resignation, look, art 50 was law, but the alternative was what set the ECJ against the Supreme Court about the validity of the article? Cameron resigned largely because he hadn’t swung the referendum his way, that left him on a hiding to nothing. But let’s not forget, the result was not what parliament wanted. We really have seen an extraordinary four years and Westminster has been put its place.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t really care about the politicking. Blair had promised a referendum and reneged. I wanted a referendum, so it was means to an end. I said some time ago that the referendum had to be the reason for the Conservative win in ‘15 because as a manifesto commitment he had no choice.
UKIP did their part no doubt but it doesn’t alter the facts. In terms of Cameron’s resignation, look, art 50 was law, but the alternative was what set the ECJ against the Supreme Court about the validity of the article? Cameron resigned largely because he hadn’t swung the referendum his way, that left him on a hiding to nothing. But let’s not forget, the result was not what parliament wanted. We really have seen an extraordinary four years and Westminster has been put its place.
Blair was voted into parliament in 87 promising a vote on europe then lost interest, Cameron promised to trigger art 50 on the 24th and should have honoured that leaving his successor to let it run its course. in failing to do so he gave remainer the momentum they needed to start meddling to overturn the vote and waste 4 years. we shoudl have been out on WTO for six months then had a trade deal by now.

I agree it has been the public against their masters - as an exercise in lack of democracy it should be taught at PPE lectures but I bet it wont be.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Half Hour to go BL - but everyone has knocked off for the day so - muwhahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaahahahaha....Please post a picture of your salty tears :)

Also has anyone noticed how the main stream media has been very quiet about this today - bloody lefty remainer scum.

Last edited:
Half Hour to go BL - but everyone has knocked off for the day so - muwhahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaahahahaha....Please post a picture of your salty tears :)

Also has anyone noticed how the main stream media has been very quiet about this today - bloody lefty remainer scum.
We've already gone past the deadline by 36 minutes - it was at 2300 hrs.

I saw this picture and thought this is where BL's head would be at today :)

Blaise

Swinger
So, massive vicotry for the leavers, massive sh!t-shower for the rest of us who sobered up.
What now? Will the government give two sh!ts about not ******* things up for the general population extremely badly?

Last edited:

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
So, massive vicotry for the leavers, massive sh!t-shower for the rest of us who sobered up.
What now? Will the government give two sh!ts about not ******* things up for the general population extremely badly?
so are you one of the 13% of the voters who supported remain at the last election then?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer