What now for the EU ?

Macron has been visiting Mutti and, according to Euro news he is now proposing a 15 Billion EUro, Covid Bale out fund . In the mean time the negotiators on the EU side still want to know “Exactly what Britain wants”. The question of whether Germany will be forced to stump up hangs in the balance. Merkel did not seem happy and it was pointed out that there are questions as to whether it can be afforded is up there. Seems to me that the panic is now setting in.
Oh dear,
How sad,
Etc., Etc.

I shouldn't laugh.
Honestly.

but it would seem that they have brought it on themselves, by the way they decided to treat the UK when it decided it no longer wanted to be part of the great European ponzi scheme.

Brexiteers rejoice as Britain on track to leave EU with no delay - 'We did it!'

That's it - the possibility of an extension is now gone - hahaha salty remoaners, let me lick those tears :)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

That's it - the possibility of an extension is now gone - hahaha salty remoaners, let me lick those tears :)
still today to go though isn't it.

1st of july is the cut off.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Not really - there's nothing tabled in parliament for changing the law today :)
ah so it would have to have been voted on - TA, I assumed they would just do it if it was required even though I was against it from the day art 50 expired.

not that I thought we should have triggered art 50 we should have just left.

On the whole, I'm an optimist, however in this situation remember who we're dealing with...politicians. Even although I didn't expect the leave side to win, I travelled over 1,000 miles to cast my vote. Also had to pay for overnight accommodation, in both directions, but was determined my vote would count. Yet here we are four years after, in the "modern" mother of democracies, still waiting for that democratic vote to be upheld! Can you imagine if either the reds or blues had won by one vote, and were still waiting for that result to be upheld four years later, that there wouldn't be a protest of differing degrees of violence? You reap what you sow. I won't gloat when/if we leave, neither will I accuse remainers of being thick/not knowing what they voted for/etc. They have the same democratic right as those who voted leave. I have no quarrel with them. However, those who have done their best to betray the democratic system, I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. I detest you with all my being. You are an affront to the true meaning of democracy. In your world democracy is adamant, as long as it agrees with yours.
I won't gloat when/if we leave, but I will be an extremely happy bars tard.

As it should have been four years ago, if david cameron had a pair that hung low.
ISTR he triggerered the referendum, so fair play
Oh dear,
How sad,
Etc., Etc.

I shouldn't laugh.
Honestly.

but it would seem that they have brought it on themselves, by the way they decided to treat the UK when it decided it no longer wanted to be part of the great European ponzi scheme.
given current circumstances it hardly constitutes anticipation.

Truxx

LE
On the whole, I'm an optimist, however in this situation remember who we're dealing with...politicians. Even although I didn't expect the leave side to win, I travelled over 1,000 miles to cast my vote. Also had to pay for overnight accommodation, in both directions, but was determined my vote would count. Yet here we are four years after, in the "modern" mother of democracies, still waiting for that democratic vote to be upheld! Can you imagine if either the reds or blues had won by one vote, and were still waiting for that result to be upheld four years later, that there wouldn't be a protest of differing degrees of violence? You reap what you sow. I won't gloat when/if we leave, neither will I accuse remainers of being thick/not knowing what they voted for/etc. They have the same democratic right as those who voted leave. I have no quarrel with them. However, those who have done their best to betray the democratic system, I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. I detest you with all my being. You are an affront to the true meaning of democracy. In your world democracy is adamant, as long as it agrees with yours.
I won't gloat when/if we leave, but I will be an extremely happy bars tard.
With that great post you encapsulate where the issue is and always has been

We simple folks were asked a question and with our little mark's on bits of paper we made our decision.

At this point the debate was over. All effort could and should have been invested in not just delivering that decision, but making the best of it whilst steering around the many issues.

I am still at a loss as to how anyone, let alone anyone who served, could see that any other way?

Loving the PM (BJ), speech on the news today. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of investment in infrastructure, Affordable new housing and lots of new jobs created. Also lots of money going to fix up prisons and schools and the A1 being converted to motorway.

Good news for the economy, for the young getting on the housing ladder, the UK infrastructure, and jobs for the young.

I bet also when we start trading worldwide and set our own tariffs (and undercut the EU) the EU will be crapping itself, and more countries will leave when they see what can be achieved when you free yourself from the shackles of bureaucracy & the unaccountable.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Loving the PM (BJ), speech on the news today. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of investment in infrastructure, Affordable new housing and lots of new jobs created. Also lots of money going to fix up prisons and schools and the A1 being converted to motorway.

Good news for the economy, for the young getting on the housing ladder, the UK infrastructure, and jobs for the young.

I bet also when we start trading worldwide and set our own tariffs (and undercut the EU) the EU will be crapping itself, and more countries will leave when they see what can be achieved when you free yourself from the shackles of bureaucracy & the unaccountable.
I love it.

Just hope PFI isn't involved in any way, shape or form.

I'm going to be up that way next summer, is it worth a visit?
Looks good from here.
I haven't been there yet. A friend of mine was very enthusiastic, especially about the extensive outdoor area. And you'll need time.

JuniorBod

War Hero
Looking forward to being gently lulled to sleep tonight by the soft popping sounds as remainer heads explode in the distance at midnight...

JB

ISTR he triggerered the referendum, so fair play
He only did so because of the increase of voters to UKIP. Iirc both main parties had been promising us a referendum, when they were in opposition. As soon as they came into office, zilch. Like or loath Nigel, you've got to admire his focus on getting us out, (when it happens,) of the EU. cameron on the other hand is a waste of space, in my opinion. If he'd triggered article 50 shortly after the result was confirmed, we wouldn't have gone through the pantomime of the last four years. I still don't trust any of them, and that's why I refer to us leaving as "when it happens." Some politicians were saying extend the leave date, again, because of coronavirus. If that had been agreed, it would have given them, remainers, the excuse to extend it as long as the pandemic lasted, 5/6/10 years, giving them more time to come up with some other excuse to delay Brexit. There's still people who know better than us, and will still be trying to overturn the democratic process. They are the biggest danger to all our futures should they succeed.