What now for the EU ?

The EU cannot afford Brexit and it can also not afford an FTA with the UK which reduces its trade surplus. Financially, it is on the ropes.
Especially if we got rid of Corporation Tax, we could push the EU into a crisis

[
Especially if we got rid of Corporation Tax, we could push the EU into a crisis
Wouldn't scrapping Corporation tax completely mean a loss to the Exchequer ? I can see the benefits of a reduction. Could anyone with a background in taxation / finances spell out the pro's and con's ?

[

Wouldn't scrapping Corporation tax completely mean a loss to the Exchequer ? I can see the benefits of a reduction. Could anyone with a background in taxation / finances spell out the pro's and con's ?
Lowering them might be an idea - companies might loose the incentive for avoidance.

How can this be? The grate branes have been telling us since 2016 we're all going to be paupers if we leave and will have to eat dirt. While the EU will watch while eating caviar and swilling fine wines.
Well colour me surprised:

Germany simply cannot afford to prop up the EU financially as well as not be able to trade freely with the UK. We can quite simply afford to walk away - they cannot.

“To put in short, I think you cannot have a full sovereignty and, at the same time, full access to the internal market"

These would be the same people who constantly denied that sovereignty was never an issue for EU membership? The more info you chaps bring to this thread, the happier I am with the referendum outcome.

Germany simply cannot afford to prop up the EU financially as well as not be able to trade freely with the UK. We can quite simply afford to walk away - they cannot.
Interesting article, I particularly liked the assertion by labour that its will be holding the governments feet to the fire & not let it away with a deal that wrecks the economy’

I know maths & labour can be strangers, but it seems they need reminding which party has the 80 seat majority & has the mandate to do what the fcuk they want....

Interesting article, I particularly liked the assertion by labour that its will be holding the governments feet to the fire & not let it away with a deal that wrecks the economy’

I know maths & labour can be strangers, but it seems they need reminding which party has the 80 seat majority & has the mandate to do what the fcuk they want....
Labour are the opposition it;s their job to argue that money trees can only grown with a special fertiliser produced in Brussels and refined in Strasbourg.

How can this be? The grate branes have been telling us since 2016 we're all going to be paupers if we leave and will have to eat dirt. While the EU will watch while eating caviar and swilling fine wines.
I really hope the ‘great branes’ are not wrong otherwise I’ll have wasted a large chunk of my valuable pre-Brexit life...

My book,”100 Delicious Dirt Dishes to Die For“, due for release on January 1st 2021, is almost finished and ready to go to print. (Just needs another 96 delectable dishes to go with the four already created and it is done).
  • Dirt and twig consomme
  • Boiled Dirt with fallen dried leaves gently seasoned with the delicate flavours of builders sand and mildew
  • Pan fried free range Dirt with twice fried gravel chips
  • Mud Mousse made with newly gathered dirt and fresh rain water
Book signings will be arranged and for Arrse I will do limited edition signed copies.

“To put in short, I think you cannot have a full sovereignty and, at the same time, full access to the internal market"

These would be the same people who constantly denied that sovereignty was never an issue for EU membership? The more info you chaps bring to this thread, the happier I am with the referendum outcome.
Could you imagine that every time you did a deal with someone - you needed to give away some of your sovereignty, by the time you'd done a few deals - you wouldn't have anything to give and wouldn't even be a country.

You don't need to give any of your sovereignty to anyone - and should not. If people want to trade with you - they offer you something good for something equally as good to them - are any of the EU countries going to hand over any of their sovereignty to the UK so they can trade with us? NO don't be stupid, of course they are not! Same as we won't be giving any of ours away either.

I really hope the ‘great branes’ are not wrong otherwise I’ll have wasted a large chunk of my valuable pre-Brexit life...

My book,”100 Delicious Dirt Dishes to Die For“, due for release on January 1st 2021, is almost finished and ready to go to print. (Just needs another 96 delectable dishes to go with the four already created and it is done).
  • Dirt and twig consomme
  • Boiled Dirt with fallen dried leaves gently seasoned with the delicate flavours of builders sand and mildew
Book signings will be arranged and for Arrse I will do limited edition signed copies.
The forward being written by one Pte S. Baldrick no doubt (He's a sir so that gives you gravitas right there).

gorillaguts981

War Hero

• Dirt and twig consomme
Don't forget the sand garnish and the beautiful diesel rainbow effect on the dish. All served up in a battered mess tin of course.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

• Dirt and twig consomme
Could I suggest a Mud Mess, the same as an Eton Mess only substituting the meringue with mud and using berries from the highways and byways of the UK, such as Deadly Nightshade, only to be served when you have guests of the Left leaning variety.

Don't forget the sand garnish and the beautiful diesel rainbow effect on the dish. All served up in a battered mess tin of course.
If the ‘great branes’ prophecy becomes our new post brexit reality, there won’t be any diesel. Light and heat from candles made of rendered peasant fat and transport will be by pauper drawn cart.

I am really excited by our imminent return to the carefree life of simple cave dwellers.

Could I suggest a Mud Mess, the same as an Eton Mess only substituting the meringue with mud and using berries from the highways and byways of the UK, such as Deadly Nightshade, only to be served when you have guests of the Left leaning variety.
In the book it goes but I am not paying you for it. You can be credited as a Consultant Commis Compost Chef though. Can’t say fairer than that now.

Tyk

LE
Is that in a Glaswegian style mess tin in batter or a mess tin post issue to a squaddie? It is important to understand and optimise the presentation, at least according to the TV chefs.

Very interesting; full access to the Single Market, requires sovereignty !! but does that argue, a compromise exists around the older common market principles, as an alternative option.

Its tempting, because we could certainly do without a no deal kerfuffle to add to our own problems.

• Dirt and twig consomme
Have you had any thoughts towards recipes for plump neighbours?
A family of five and a solar panel freezer could go a long way, just a thought.

Very interesting; full access to the Single Market, requires sovereignty !! but does that argue, a compromise exists around the older common market principles, as an alternative option.

Its tempting, because we could certainly do without a no deal kerfuffle to add to our own problems.
We should finish the transitional period today without any deal - deals can be made at any point in the future - there's no rush to do any deals.

Also as soon as we leave - we can sign other trade deals & there's a few set up. Also most businesses would know where they stand and can play for the future.

• Dirt and twig consomme
You forgot mud pies with a topping of moss.

Latest Threads