What now for the EU ?

Given the majority of UK trade is under the auspices of WTO, it should be characterised as being a "leap towards the familiar".

Quite how it's been characterised as being a "cliff edge" or "a leap into the dark" is beyond me.
Because the bbc long since gave up any pretense of being a news source and is an anti UK agitator.

The EUropeons regard life outside the comfort blankie of the EU as an absurd flat earth notion, the whole EU project really has achieved the status of a secular religion.

the average EUropeon simply can’t fathom why Britain would want to leave this Divine CE regulated Heaven on Earth, but there again, the average EUropeon simply can’t fathom the symbolism of the chorus of Britain’s de facto National Anthem....

”Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.
That is a rather broad brush and a fetching shade of 'sweeping generalisation’

I imagine that the populations of member states are as just split on the EU membership thing as he population of the UK.

Last edited:
1st of January sign a bi-lateral deal with Merkel,and the rest can go and ffuch themselves until they drown in Paddy tears and come to their senses.
Strangely that very thought occurred to me whilst reading the foam flecked thoughts in Irish media on my iPad early this morning.
( the true horror of what they are probably about to receive is now starting to dawn and the only thing the Dublin ” intellegencia” ( sic) can do now is rail at us.!)
Fvckem.

1st of January sign a bi-lateral deal with Merkel,and the rest can go and ffuch themselves until they drown in Paddy tears and come to their senses.

I think that this may sum things up, haven't seen it posted in ages.
Reflects the reality of life quite well.

IMG_0536.JPG

Strangely that very thought occurred to me whilst reading the foam flecked thoughts in Irish media on my iPad early this morning.
( the true horror of what they are probably about to receive is now starting to dawn and the only thing the Dublin ” intellegencia” ( sic) can do now is rail at us.!)
Fvckem.
It always amazes me that europhiles both sides of the channel/Irish sea all seem to want to blame the UK for jumping at the chance to give the EU all our fish, let the EU dictate what we can and can't do in terms of state aid, and tie ourselves to the ECJ, rather than going to the ICC to settle disputes.

They don't seem to understand that negotiations need movement from both sides, and that perhaps if the EU had been more reasonable in their demands then perhaps we would be more likely to make some concessions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

What scares me about any EU deal is the amount of concessions woven into every single aspect that when looked at individually, is almost inconsequential - when looked at as a whole, it's probably horrendous - there will still be plenty of red tape, plenty of liabilities, plenty of costs and funding and plenty of caveats locking us into the Project.

WTO all the way - a grand reset and if the same terms seem fair after a reasonable time out, then everything is there and ready to go; if, however, things go as I expect, then we'd do very well to be as far away from the sinking ship so to not get sucked down with it when it inevitably takes on too much water to stay afloat.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
That is a rather broad brush and a fetching shade of 'sweeping generalisation’

I imagine that the populations of member states are as just split on the EU membership thing as he population of the UK.

They can be as split as they want, most aren't, while they noisily harrumph, see Poland, they certainly don’t want to leave, see Poland.

the only real potential lever is Italy, and they have the golden handcuffs of the Euro to keep them tied to the EU galleys oars.

I suspect I'm not alone around here, but the closer we get to no deal crashing through the happier I am

I'm starting to get worried now though, where's my house full of twigs that we were promised?

Projekt Fear isn't delivering on it's promises

ETA, I really hope Boris does not fold now.
That has always been my fear too. I've had that feeling ever since cameron walked, and the farce of the last 4 years + started. A plague on all their houses for not carrying out the result immediately it was known. I'm a little less fearful now, as I think the tories would be wary of the backlash, should they capitulate now. Nothing to do with believing in democracy, more concerned with them not being electable for years. Nigel's still lurking. If he started up again on a leave vote, I'm sure it would garner enough support to, finally. get us out. I've said elsewhere my feelings on the democratic process. A lot of remain supporters have realised how undemocratic we've been treated since 2016. I too however, won't be celebrating until the bells ring on Ne'er Day.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm starting to get worried now though, where's my house full of twigs that we were promised?

Projekt Fear isn't delivering on it's promises
And bring your own dog for the other activity promised!

Latest Threads