Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

This is the sort of thing we are going to miss though.
Belgian MEP involved in a 25 person, mostly Men gang bang. Its a Google Translate, sure some here can do better.

The facts, revealed by the last hour, took place on Friday evening on the first floor of a bar in central Brussels. The police put an end to a game of legs in the air involving 25 people, mostly men. “We interrupted a gang bang!”, Confides a source familiar with the matter to La DH. Facts confirmed with good source by our colleagues Het Laatste Nieuws.

Among the offenders was ... an MEP. This one tried to escape via the gutter, specifies HLN. When arrested, he brandished his parliamentary immunity, prompting the intervention of the Foreign Ministry. Diplomats were also said to have taken part in the underground party.

Alcohol and drugs were also reportedly found at the scene. All those present were fined but relaxed by the prosecution.

les nouvelle EU anthem?

I thought our Border Force was sending coaches to collect them from Turkey?
Well, if its under the same contract as the bus load of QAs from BMH Rinteln [other medical facilities are available], then they'll never get here!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to be very sceptical about how much resistance actually occured in France during the last big one.
Then I visited my sister who lives in what was a Vichy part of the Auvergne in the middle-ish of France.
There is plenty of surviving evidence of the resistance and of the price many paid for being involved.

As fashionable as it is (and from myself too) to be critical and/or sceptical a lot of French died resisting the Germans.
Probably not as many as who stood alongiside the Germans but that shouldn't lessen the respect for those who stood on the right side.
Read my recent review of a book about two SOE agents in Vichy France. More French resistance lost their lives due to other French people than would have been expected. The book was called The Twins. I will try to find the link..

There you go..

Last edited:
The EU - Still Butt-Hurt after 4 1/2 years

The European Union criticised Britain’s rapid approval of Pfizer and BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine on Wednesday, saying its own procedure was more thorough, after Britain became the first western country to endorse a COVID-19 shot.

green_slime

Old-Salt
Noting that this deviation means that we get the vaccine earlier, therefore brexit means we have saved lives.
The EU literally costing their constituents’ lives at the cost of faux-unity

syrup

LE
To be a little cynical, you are not entirely wrong. At least there were hardly any Nazis to be found after 1945.

When the Granda rolled in to Germany in 45 they never met a single Nazi amongst the civilian population.
It seemed to be very much the big boys did it and ran away approach.

Having been around a bit he very rarely spoke of it but he once did tell me
Western Desert German Army - Decent blokes just doing a job like us.
Italians he hated them don't know why didn't have a good word for them
Europe - Germans decent soldiers
Europe S.S. proper hard bastards who knew how to stand and fight even when everyone knew they had no chance.

The S.S. also brought a lot of the fighting and tactics they learned in Russia to the west
A lot of the memorials in France aren't always to the resistance but the S.S. had a habit of shooting all the males in the village if something happened.
They then get counted as "resistance"

Watching a thing on the SAS in Europe they'd had a gun battle with some S.S. and got away
The S.S. nipped into the next village and shot all the males as a warning to the surrounding area not to help any wounded SAS

Last night a German virologist appeared on TV and stated that the British procedure for approval was thorough and not inferior to the method in the EU, just faster. In other statements politicians were not quite desperate to point out that there was no envy involved. Much.
Almost tempted to state that Brexit has an unforeseen benefit.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't think that anyone here is going to be prosecuted for anything. Although impersonating an authority on such matters could make you liable. My experience includes management of Worldwide patents so I'm not going to lose any sleep over your waffle.
Ooh, you're so informed.... My experience includes dealing with unpleasant liars. Just saying.

Yep noted that last evening on Euronews- now nasty nasty old me thought, what if the EU tried to stick a spanner in the works on delivery- would they dare, interfering with humanitarian deliveries- or perhaps they're hoping that it does damage and they can claim the moral high ground.

Last night a German virologist appeared on TV and stated that the British procedure for approval was thorough and not inferior to the method in the EU, just faster. In other statements politicians were not quite desperate to point out that there was no envy involved. Much.
Ah but the EU countered with theirs is a better quality and must therefore take longer.

When the Granda rolled in to Germany in 45 they never met a single Nazi amongst the civilian population.
It seemed to be very much the big boys did it and ran away approach.

Having been around a bit he very rarely spoke of it but he once did tell me
Western Desert German Army - Decent blokes just doing a job like us.
Italians he hated them don't know why didn't have a good word for them
Europe - Germans decent soldiers
Europe S.S. proper hard bastards who knew how to stand and fight even when everyone knew they had no chance.

The S.S. also brought a lot of the fighting and tactics they learned in Russia to the west
A lot of the memorials in France aren't always to the resistance but the S.S. had a habit of shooting all the males in the village if something happened.
They then get counted as "resistance"

Watching a thing on the SAS in Europe they'd had a gun battle with some S.S. and got away
The S.S. nipped into the next village and shot all the males as a warning to the surrounding area not to help any wounded SAS

I liked the Canadian policy towards the SS after they murdered some Canadian prisoners in Normandy. They generally shot them all as a matter of policy after that.

I used to be very sceptical about how much resistance actually occured in France during the last big one.
Then I visited my sister who lives in what was a Vichy part of the Auvergne in the middle-ish of France.
There is plenty of surviving evidence of the resistance and of the price many paid for being involved.

As fashionable as it is (and from myself too) to be critical and/or sceptical a lot of French died resisting the Germans.
Probably not as many as who stood alongiside the Germans but that shouldn't lessen the respect for those who stood on the right side.

I cant remember the name of the book I was reading that explained that a lot of resistant groups were just criminals who used the war for personnel gain.
Like this bloke

Coupled with the fact after the war a lot of frogs "remembered" that this one time (at band camp) they bravely did something completely unprovable against the Nazis.

There is a wiki link here that explains some of it.

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
I can’t imagine the EU not approving the Pfizer Biontech vaccine. For a start, the EU medical authority uses the same processes and burden of proof as the UK’s, and will get the same evidence.

Secondly, it’s a big German firm producing the vaccine at a big Belgium factory and using mostly European logistics companies to distribute it. It would be a huge loss of reputation and business if they don’t approve it.

On that basis, I’d say the only value being added by the failure of the EU to authorise emergency use is to boost the political authority of the EU.

I cant remember the name of the book I was reading that explained that a lot of resistant groups were just criminals who used the war for personnel gain.
Like this bloke

Coupled with the fact after the war a lot of frogs "remembered" that this one time (at band camp) they bravely did something completely unprovable against the Nazis.

There is a wiki link here that explains some of it.

Thanks for that I will go and take a read.

One thing I would say before I do, crminals are/were probably the most suitable candidates to make useful members of the resistance

Thanks for that I will go and take a read.

One thing I would say before I do, crminals are/were probably the most suitable candidates to make useful members of the resistance

The last bit - absolutely - smuggling people , weapons and contraband. Not the task for nice, moral, types unless you wanted them shot.

Latest Threads