Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

I understand Barnier has called for an urgent EU meeting tomorrow morning.
Will this be the big dénouement, the Christie moment, when Barnier minces in, wearing a little waxed, pointed moustache, adjusts his pince-nez, proceeds to reveal all, then names the guilty party?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I understand Barnier has called for an urgent EU meeting tomorrow morning.
Will this be the big dénouement, the Christie moment, when Barnier minces in, wearing a little waxed, pointed moustache, adjusts his pince-nez, proceeds to reveal all, then names the guilty party?
Hmmmm. Barnier is French therefore is devoid of the "little grey cells" ;)

Damn, damn, damn. Beaten to it by NB!

There is no such thing as individual nations they are European.
There was a woman who called LBC a while back for a Remain Rant and when asked how she as a German felt about the whole thing replied I am European not German.

ah yes, the Alibi for a nation.....

’We’re EUropeans, it was the ‘Germans’ what started a war that killed 55 million’

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

’We’re EUropeans, it was the ‘Germans’ what started a war that killed 55 million’
Not the Germans. These days it's only the Nazis.

I'm not so sure that is so. Couple of weeks ago my brother, who has lived in France since 1968 and is now fully frogged up, was adamant that the UK are totally at fault purely for leaving. As he became more and more heated as I pointed out the EU intransigence, the fact that UK waters are in fact UK waters etc etc. In the end he hung up on me!

Not just the French government, the country believes the blame sits wholly with the UK not giving in.

.....'twas ever thus......

WE are always at fault - look back in History ( just the last Century ) - TWO World Wars , where WE picked up the losing French Military.....

Hurry up - Dec.31st.

Thats what our money we pay the EU is going on?...
Actually I dare say the Hungarians will be rather displeased, that's their money too. More to the point he's an ultra right wing politician who's spent 30 years in the EU. Nice work doing FA if you can get it. Now about that E they found on him- it wasn't his- perhaps it was Jezzas, after all he's always there but never present, or was it the other way round. I doubt if the "diplomatic immunity" will be lifted.

Not the Germans. These days it's only the Nazis.
No; be fair it was Chamberlain who said he had nothing against the German people only the Nazi Government so he turned all Germans into Nazi's and then they killed 55 Million. Lets get this right.
I even noticed ingrained Bias between PM and Geoff Hurst on GMB this morning about the much discussed Goal. Piers: But it was against the Germans so it doesn't matter". I'm steaming I tells ya- where's the outrage bus and give us a winding 'andle. By' eck GLM German lives matter....... Well not anymore- it seems they're European, which begs a question. If they are all European, who are the Germans since 1990?

How is it ‘our’ money?
It is understood, that we are required/agreed - and, have been continuing - to pay into EU "coffers" during this last year of "transition" :( .

That is quite a common response for the self loathing.

If there is a report of foreign wrong doing they're quick to point out our own domestic wrong doing, no matter how historic that may have been.

Asian paedophiles grooming schoolies - that's nothing, our ancient Kings married little kids.

Religious inspired terrorism - that's nothing, we conducted the Crusades and killed even greater numbers.

Foreign governments breaking international law?
Nothing to see here.

HMG drafting new law which serves us better?
We're international pariahs not trustworthy enough to deal with.

The self loathing view highway lanes in foreign lands reserved for Muslims only as the right of people to live by their own rules, but view domestic resentment of kosher/halal practices as racist and xenophobic.

First world mentalism.

philc

LE
Heads exploding amongest Liberal animal loving types and any sane person.

MINISTERS will begin the abolition of cruel live animal shipments tomorrow — a ban only made possible by Brexit.

Under strict European Union Single Market rules that guarantee free movement of goods, no member state can ban livestock being transported across borders alive.

Latest Threads