Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Leaving aside the salacious details of this case, the amazing thing is that an MEP can claim immunity.

They can commit crimes and the EU will protect them from prosecution.

It’s one rule for the ruling class, another rule for the plebs.

Let's see what Higgsys opinion is on that, or Baglock for that matter

Brussels cops reportedly bust lockdown orgy attended by diplomats​

Police in Brussels have raided a lockdown orgy in the basement of a gay bar – collaring 25 people, including several diplomats and a member of the European Parliament, according to reports.

The sex party in the Belgian capital took place Friday in the bar on Rue des Pierres, the Brussels Times reported, citing local media.

The European Union official, who has not been identified, allegedly tried to flee but was caught and questioned by authorities, according to La Dernière Heure.

He invoked his immunity, local news outlet Het Nieuwsblad reported.

All of the attendees — most of whom were naked men — were fined for violating the coronavirus measures, a source told Het Laatste Nieuws.

Thats what our money we pay the EU is going on?...

Leaving aside the salacious details of this case, the amazing thing is that an MEP can claim immunity.

They can commit crimes and the EU will protect them from prosecution.

It’s one rule for the ruling class, another rule for the plebs.

I don't think diplomatic immunity is unique to the EU?

I do agree that it's one rule for the nobs and another for the scum, though.

Chef

LE

I'd agree up to a point but this is a Brussels official in Brussels. I doubt a UK ambassador could claim diplomatic immunity in the UK.

The UK is well shot of the corrupt bunch of chancers. We've got enough home grown ones to be getting on with.

It is parliamentary immunity and this immunity has caveats, theoretically the EP could strip the guilty bastard the suspected perpetrator from his immunity. Whether and when they do this is of course a completely different question.

Parliamentary immunity | News | European Parliament

It has similarities with the parliamentary privilege in the UK.

WightMivvi

War Hero
Well, if reports are to ge believed, the Brussels orgy was a gay orgy and the MEP belongs to the Hungarian government’s anti-LGBT party.

I think that’s the European equivalent of a Tory MP preaching family values whilst pleasuring his secretary.

Or a Labour MP fighting racism by vilifying the Jews.

It is parliamentary immunity and this immunity has caveats, theoretically the EP could strip the guilty bastard the suspected perpetrator from his immunity. Whether and when they do this is of course a completely different question.

Parliamentary immunity | News | European Parliament

It has similarities with the parliamentary privilege in the UK.
I always thought parliamentary privilege in the UK only covered actions within the Palace of Westminster. Outside, MPs are subject to the laws of the land like everybody else.
Whether they are pursued or not is a different matter!

I always thought parliamentary privilege in the UK only covered actions within the Palace of Westminster. Outside, MPs are subject to the laws of the land like everybody else.
It does, and what it covers are quite specific I believe.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well, if reports are to ge believed, the Brussels orgy was a gay orgy and the MEP belongs to the Hungarian government’s anti-LGBT party.

I think that’s the European equivalent of a Tory MP preaching family values whilst pleasuring his secretary.

Or a Labour MP fighting racism by vilifying the Jews.

Can we name him?

József Szájer... ;)

After all said and done it literally is a total cluster**** for the EU.

I had to do a (Put name of Unmentionable here) and use Wikipdia. Similarities but not the same, the EP immunitiy goes significantly further.
Parliamentary privilege in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

If the lazy buggers would make something out of it.

Latest Threads