Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
Enough about Macron
I was quite impressed. It takes real effort for a Russian troll-handler to put so many cry-baby, whinny-arse, tired, boring lefty cliches and tropes into one putinbot’s post.

I’m just surprised they left out the public school “rogered me senseless” parodies.

Cyberhacker

Old-Salt
A fair point perhaps. But as the common market evolved, got bigger and better there are no grounds for claiming 'evil superstate'...that is where the paranoia becomes apparent.
"Better" is a matter of opinion. Many of us will object to the use of the adjective when used in conjunction with the EU.

Good to see that the government are sending out all the right signals. Got a letter through for my business today:
20201130_102919.jpg

Truxx

LE
Now, but they are very close to one another, being only about 5.5 miles apart.
In the dark days when Deepcut was the gift that kept on giving I proposed that it was rebranded "Pirbright West" (other points of the compass are available) as the back gate of one was the back gate of the other.

Another bit of my brilliance that fell on stony ground.

In the dark days when Deepcut was the gift that kept on giving I proposed that it was rebranded "Pirbright West" (other points of the compass are available) as the back gate of one was the back gate of the other.

Another bit of my brilliance that fell on stony ground.
Is there any of it left now?

syrup

LE
I think that this is what Cameron feared, with the UK being the catalyst. The Italians will be the next to leave, they have absolutely had enough of the EU.

Especially now they have told the Italians they must pay benefits to families of migrants who have a right to remain in Italy even if the family isn't ion Italy.

I think that this is what Cameron feared, with the UK being the catalyst. The Italians will be the next to leave, they have absolutely had enough of the EU.
Things must be bad. Calabria region is stating they are borderline because of Mafia , N’Drangetta infiltrating their health service. They‘ve actually gone public and admitted the failings of the Italian Government on BBC. Now let’s see what happens.

Prove your expansive knowledge then.

Who knows you may convince me that your stance is correct.

I'm all ears. Eyes.
Don't start me off again... Just about everything that you need to discover is on the internet somewhere. Keep digging and you may find it very interesting.

Especially now they have told the Italians they must pay benefits to families of migrants who have a right to remain in Italy even if the family isn't ion Italy.

And we wonder why the boats keep coming?

Truxx

LE
Interesting read

EU countries 'impatient' over lack of Brexit progress, says Angela Merkel (msn.com)

On the one hand:

"In Madrid, France’s Europe minister warned that Paris would not allow French fishermen to be sacrificed to get the deal done. He said that it was unacceptable that Britain “should lay down the law" in the negotiations.

"Our fishermen are no less important than theirs and they didn't have the right to vote in the referendum," Clement Beaune told reporters on a visit to the Spanish capital.

“There can be no agreement unless there is one that gives sustainable and wide-ranging access to British waters," he said"

Whilst on the other

Ireland’s foreign minister told the British government to stop the “blame game” over the deadlocked negotiations because they rejected the chance to have more time for the talks.

"The British Government was offered a much longer transition period, and they turned it down, yet they're now blaming the EU for it - that's just ridiculous," Mr Coveney told BBC Radio Ulster.

"But I think a deal is possible because the consequences of no deal are so costly and so disruptive, particularly for the UK and for Northern Ireland, but for the Republic of Ireland as well.”

“The truth of Brexit is now being exposed in terms of the challenges of it,” he added."

But the UK response to all the bedwetting?

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "We want to try and reach a free-trade agreement as soon as possible but we have been clear that we won't change our negotiating position.”

The article also notes dissent in the ranks:

"In Brussels, the European Commission resisted demands by EU governments to publish emergency no deal plans for fear of upsetting the delicately poised trade negotiations

Emmanuel Macron, with the support of other EU leaders such as the Netherlands’ Mark Rutte, called for the plans to be launched at a November 19 summit.

The demand was repeated on Friday last week by EU ambassadors during a meeting with Michel Barnier.

The commission said yesterday it was “fully focused” on the trade negotiations and that businesses and citizens had all the information they needed to prepare for a no trade deal exit.

Germany holds the rotating presidency of the EU, meaning it chairs intergovernmental talks in Brussels.

"People are calling more and more energetically for contingency measures. I'd like to wait as long as possible before we introduce contingency measures,” Mrs Merkel said"

She added, “I think we should really put all of our efforts into the last step and the last phase of the negotiations in hopes of reaching a negotiated agreement."

The emergency plans would be unilateral, temporary measures to mitigate the worst impacts of no deal in EU interests such as aviation and freight.